Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you play deep always on a THS pattern?

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    No offense, but where your ball crosses the foul line, some times know as your lay down point has every thing to do with the line you're playing. And the lay down point is usually closely related to where your slide foot winds up at the foul line.
    Where you lay down yes, not where your foot ends up. But, I can lay the ball down on 28, but be at 20 at the arrows, and out to 7 or 8, but my slide foot ends up on board 30. See where I'm getting at? I can't tell anything solely by by where someone tells me their slide foot ends up.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

If you laydown on 28 but slide on 30, won't you hit your ankle?!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Chip is right in that if all you say in your post is something like what Hammer did in his post: "The deepest I can play is with the arch of my sliding foot on board 28. It seems that if I go any farther I start getting pocket 7/10s."

It doesn't really tell you how their playing the lane. About all you can surmise from that is, if they are a righthander sliding on 28, their laying the ball down somewhere around 23-21 approx.

But it doesn't tell you if they are throwing out to the gutter or keeping the breakpoint closer to the headpin.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    Where you lay down yes, not where your foot ends up. But, I can lay the ball down on 28, but be at 20 at the arrows, and out to 7 or 8, but my slide foot ends up on board 30. See where I'm getting at? I can't tell anything solely by by where someone tells me their slide foot ends up.
    Sorry, for some reason I thought Hammer had included his target at the arrows in one of these posts, but I was wrong.
    John

Bowler
    Chats: 0

If you are throwing at an angle at 10 say over the 3rd arrow or between 3rd and middle and the others are going straight down 10 does the breakpoint still get worn out or just the path to it down 10

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    If you are throwing at an angle at 10 say over the 3rd arrow or between 3rd and middle and the others are going straight down 10 does the breakpoint still get worn out or just the path to it down 10
    Rather than try to explain I will just refer you to Rob's article:https://www.bowlingthismonth.com/bow...the-dead-zone/
    John

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Many times the deeper I get the harder it is to get the 10 out.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Many times the deeper I get the harder it is to get the 10 out.
    Yep, in the end, it's all about entry angle into the pins. The steeper the angle, the more chance you leave the corners.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12