Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good deal for a kids first ball, bag & shoes?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I mean, you think he'd get a year with it before the ball crumbling to pieces?
    Just something you need to know, every company has had balls that crack. They've been known to crack on the shelf in the proshop before being sold, It's a fact of life, balls can crack. I had a Radical ball start cracking after about 10 games.

Posted Pyramid product reviews are no different than any other company's, Most say their product is good and few think it's a POS. It's up to the buyer to weigh the options and decide if its a good deal.

I have two Pyramid balls a Curse and a Blunt Force both are great balls and I think they are pretty durable. Well worth their cost.

As for the items you asked about, I don't have them so I can't say directly how good or bad they are and since there's not too many active users on this site, It's unlikely someone with first hand knowledge of those particular items will be on here and comment.

So getting yes or no opinions is going to be hard. Plus everyone is not on here at the same time, so it might take awhile for you to get replies so be patient.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Most bowling balls I've seen come with a one year warranty I suspect Pyramid does also but I haven't checked. As bowl stated any ball can crack I've seen it from cheap ones and expensive ones and from every company.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

LOL nobody wants to give a definitive yes or no for an opinion. That's okay. We have a month to decide. As long as he knows that when he's old enough to drive he's not getting an orange Camaro too. My first ball was a 9lb. red glittery Columbia Lite Dot. I beat the crap out of that thing and got a few seasons out of it. When I was 9 I went to 13lb Original Yellow dot fingertip no inserts then at 12 I went to my 16lb LT-51 fingertip no inserts. As for this, it's likely what he'll get unless a better deal pops up. I don't think the local pro shop can compete with that price.
    Pyramid bowling balls have a 2 year warranty on them with the option to double it for a small fee. (So, potentially a 4 year warranty) As the others state, unfortunately cracking does happen, but as long as it is not lane damage and it is still covered under warranty, Pyramid will cover it.

Pyramid bowling products are fantastic quality for the price you pay. The shoes that come in the combo packages (typically the Tribal or Green Skull shoes) are very durable.

We agree with having your son's first ball custom drilled to fit his hand. That is a must for him.

If you ever have any questions about Pyramid products, you can always contact them via Facebook, if you have one. Or you may also private message us and we can assist.

Best of luck to your son bowling!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Most bowling balls I've seen come with a one year warranty I suspect Pyramid does also but I haven't checked. As bowl stated any ball can crack I've seen it from cheap ones and expensive ones and from every company.
    Yes that's very true and I was being sarcastic so I agree. I've had tons of different balls but I've been pretty lucky having only two out of about 50 I've had that cracked. One kept chipping away around the thumb hole and the other cracked on the bridge between two fingers (improper drilling). Living in Chicagoland could play a part in that anyway. I've left them in the car in extreme temperatures. There were times they were so cold I was in the bathroom running them under the hand dryer. Hindsight probably not the smartest move. I'd have to imagine that environmental, improper drilling and lane equipment malfunctions are more of the primary causes of balls cracking vs. manufacturer defects. From what I have seen in the comments giving kudos and now knowing it has a 2 year warranty is sauce on the goose. Lets be honest here, he's not going to use it long. He's 13, strong and growing so I have no doubt it will be shelfed for the next weight upgrade before the warranty expires. My main concern was that this was going to turn out to be a Kmart ball like the old days. You guys have convinced me. Thank you for all the input =)

No problem I like the bathroom hand dryer I've never tried that

Current arsenal

Bowler

You can get. DV8 polyester with a bag for $50. The set looks sharp though and for a beginner bowler sometimes the look matters more

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    You can get. DV8 polyester with a bag for $50. The set looks sharp though and for a beginner bowler sometimes the look matters more
    Could you please elaborate and let me know where or provide a link? I appreciate it, thanks =)

Chats: 256

Could you please elaborate and let me know where or provide a link? I appreciate it, thanks =)
    MAybe it's this one. Available in several colors:

https://www.bowlingball.com/products...free-sack.html
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

That's crazy cheap. All he'd need is shoes and I could get him better shoes and still come in less than what I posted. The things that make you go Hmmmm?

That's crazy cheap. All he'd need is shoes and I could get him better shoes and still come in less than what I posted. The things that make you go Hmmmm?
    Should be available in green and gold color both of which look good too.

Current arsenal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast