Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this a good deal for a kids first ball, bag & shoes?

Chats: 0

That's definitely a good deal. I'm going to show it to him when he gets home from school. He's getting anxious so color choices are getting less and less important to him, he just wants a ball. I hear about it every day. I was no different when I was a youth bowler so I don't blame him.

Yes, the hand dryer trick saved my butt many times when it was cold outside. I used it on my shoes too when they were also freezing cold or if I stepped in liquid someone spilled. If bowling alleys get ever get rid of hand dryers it would be a tragedy, I'd be buying a hair blow dryer to keep in my bag. I'd look like an idiot whipping it out but an idiot with a warm ball and toasty dry shoes =)
    Then again, since I'm teaching my son I have to set a better example for him and teach him NOT to leave his equipment in the car like I did.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 01-22-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Bowler

That is the one I’m talking about

Bowler

I’ve used it as my spare ball for 3 years now it’s gone through hell and still rolls great. By hell I mean dirty lanes, caught in ball returns. Still has a new shine, just use diluted simple green and a towel to clean it every now and then. Our local Dunham’s and Dicks has ebonite and dexter shoes in the 30-40 range as well

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by TCJ View Post
    Okay, since you want a definite answer, I would say no. If I can obtain something made here in the U.S.A. (and it's easy with bowling balls) then I will. Sending manufacturing over to China is ridiculous. Support U.S. manufacturing instead.

P.S. I almost bought a Pyramid Force, but when I found out where they were made I scratched it off my list.
    Pretty sure that Brunswick Inferno you have was made in Mexico

Chats: 1

I bought that specific ball that was in your original post, it was super cheap i think 38.99 plus drilling. I had sent my favorite ball in for them to copy (for free) and they even resurfaced it for free as well. Paid 75 dollars for a new spare ball, drilled with a Switch Grip outer sleeve and 2 finger inserts. I was very happy with my purchase.
    Rolling: Storm Snap Lock, Track Kinetic Emerald, Columbia 300 Freeze, and Pyramid Path Spare

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    I bought that specific ball that was in your original post, it was super cheap i think 38.99 plus drilling. I had sent my favorite ball in for them to copy (for free) and they even resurfaced it for free as well. Paid 75 dollars for a new spare ball, drilled with a Switch Grip outer sleeve and 2 finger inserts. I was very happy with my purchase.
    They certainly sound like a reputable place and they want repeat business. I have no doubt I will get my son's stuff off of that site whatever I end up getting him. When I get the funds in order I will likely buy at least 3 balls for myself and one for my wife and daughter as well. Drilling....I'm gonna stick with my PSO for that. I like him, he's a stand up guy who bends over backwards for his customers. He deserves my loyalty as far as servicing my bowling balls.

SandBagger

Pretty sure that Brunswick Inferno you have was made in Mexico.
    Quite correct. But it doesn't say anything about me because...

1. It was secondhand.

2. I wasn't the one who purchased it.

3. The ball was purchased long before I was aware of (or cared, for that matter) where anything was made.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

I finally was able to order the ball/bag/shoes combo for my son in my original post from bowlingball.com. He's so excited it's not even funny. Just worked the bar a couple days at the lanes in tips and he's getting his stuff. I'm very happy I was able to get it for him. Him bowling with a house ball was doing little good other than going through the motions. It's hard to get a consistent swing when the finger holes are 3 sizes too big or a using one that fits but is 4 pounds too light. This will be cool to see how he can "actually" throw a ball. Next week it's MY turn to get something new. I'm getting a bag so I can put my old one out of it's misery like it should have been 10 years ago then I can get a ball.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I finally was able to order the ball/bag/shoes combo for my son in my original post from bowlingball.com. He's so excited it's not even funny. Just worked the bar a couple days at the lanes in tips and he's getting his stuff. I'm very happy I was able to get it for him. Him bowling with a house ball was doing little good other than going through the motions. It's hard to get a consistent swing when the finger holes are 3 sizes too big or a using one that fits but is 4 pounds too light. This will be cool to see how he can "actually" throw a ball. Next week it's MY turn to get something new. I'm getting a bag so I can put my old one out of it's misery like it should have been 10 years ago then I can get a ball.
    That's great. Congrats. Bowling with a house ball is only going to teach the bad habit of squeezing since the holes are so big.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123