Thread: Worked on my delivery...

Default Worked on my delivery...

I spent a game's worth of frames doing the Joe Slowinski foul-line and 1-step drills (to the extent I could, there was someone on the lane next to me and I figured fussing around with the ball on the ground too much would be annoying). Got a good feel for my release and spent the next game playing for count, working on hitting my spots for slide, laydown, and target at the arrows.

Worked pretty good, but I uncovered a new flaw in my game:

Guess i gotta learn what to do when I don't get 'em all the first time!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by mishatx View Post
    I spent a game's worth of frames doing the Joe Slowinski foul-line and 1-step drills (to the extent I could, there was someone on the lane next to me and I figured fussing around with the ball on the ground too much would be annoying). Got a good feel for my release and spent the next game playing for count, working on hitting my spots for slide, laydown, and target at the arrows.

Worked pretty good, but I uncovered a new flaw in my game:

Guess i gotta learn what to do when I don't get 'em all the first time!
    That's good even a games worth can help.

What were the spares leaves?

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 4 7/8” over 1/4” up.Speed ave. about 15.5 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798
    Click here to see my grip
    "Adjust too soon and maybe ruin one frame, adjust too late and ruin a game."

frame 1 was a 7 (missed right), frame 8 was a 5-7 split (got the 5), 9 was a flat 10 (missed right), and the 10th frame was a 1-2-4-10 disaster (went right in the gap between the 1 and 10). After working specifically on one shot the whole time, I had trouble translating that to a different target on the lane (or, even, perhaps, picking the right target at all).