Thread: What bothers you when you get into brackets and other money games?

Chats: 10

Default What bothers you when you get into brackets and other money games?

On Sunday, I got into blind doubles, get paired up with a random partner. The partner I got paired up was the third time we were partners, so I guess not too random. Nice guy and all. However, someone else on my team got paired up with a guy who was constantly over at our lanes watching how he does. He gets visibaly pissed when his partner isn't doing well and always in his ear. I told him if I was the guy's partner I would just throw it in the gutter.

Also on two leagues, I am the anchor. When we play cards, I can't stand when our first bowler, rolls before I do and won't wait for me to grab my card first as his turn is technically after my turn.

50/50's: To save time the person who runs the 50/50 rips the tickets in 5 ticket strands. I understand this saves time, but when they call out the number, I'm never within 100, sometimes much more than that. I know it's all in fun, but rather have them pull the tickets right off the roll.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Mostly, never winning anymore.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    On Sunday, I got into blind doubles, get paired up with a random partner. The partner I got paired up was the third time we were partners, so I guess not too random. Nice guy and all. However, someone else on my team got paired up with a guy who was constantly over at our lanes watching how he does. He gets visibaly pissed when his partner isn't doing well and always in his ear. I told him if I was the guy's partner I would just throw it in the gutter.

Also on two leagues, I am the anchor. When we play cards, I can't stand when our first bowler, rolls before I do and won't wait for me to grab my card first as his turn is technically after my turn.

50/50's: To save time the person who runs the 50/50 rips the tickets in 5 ticket strands. I understand this saves time, but when they call out the number, I'm never within 100, sometimes much more than that. I know it's all in fun, but rather have them pull the tickets right off the roll.
    I don’t get in brackets. If I’m competing with some one, I want to be bowling on the exact same conditions as they are.

As for 50/50 drawings, it really doesn’t matter if the tickets come off in order, one at a time, or if they are prepared in strips of five or ten. What matters is how well they get mixed before the drawing.
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    That would be annoying if it caused problems for someone partnered with me or on my team.

Well that wouldn't bother me, most of the card games here have people from other teams playing in them running over getting cards whenever.

That's pretty standard most places I've been when they sold tickets, It really doesn't affect anything as far as the draw goes. It doesn't bother me, but each to their own.

As for brackets, it's the waiting for the last guy/guys to get done so you can get payed.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 01-15-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 2

I'm not a huge fan of how my local house runs their brackets. There isn't really a final deadline to get in, as some guys get in as late as the 3rd or 4th frame before the brackets are final. I've also went up and looked at my brackets, come back at the end of the game to find out that my brackets have changed and I was no longer bowling against "so and so". That was enough to **** me off
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Chats: 0

Remember, when money is involved, ______. Fill in the blank.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.