Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which pin is easier for you to get 7 or 10?

I use my plastic on the 7 or 10 pin. I can make the 7 about 90% of the time, but the 10 is only about 70%

I find it works best for me, if I don't leave them standing.
    Talk To Your Ball, Listen To The Lane!

RH, HG 299, HS 714

In The Bag
    Energy - Gravity - Bite - Maxim

I am a proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 0

This is a debate that will rage on forever and will create heated discussions in league play. There are many different thoughts on the matter but it all boils down to personal preference, comfort with your game and are you still having fun.
    As a coach, anytime someone asks for advice I recommend using a Polyester spare ball. Take the lane condition out of the equation. With a ball that only hooks a maximum of 4 boards you have one more opportunity to practice your strike ball release. To roll it straighter yet, break your wrist and roll up the back of the ball. I am an advocate of using spare formulas and teach many different combinations to accommodate many different styles of bowler. Is a 7 or 10 pin easier? Both the same as my single pin percentage is around 95%. If you only get 70% now, getting 3 more in every series will raise your average 10 pins. Watch the exempt players on tour and see what they do, they are great role models.

Bowling is fun - winning just adds to the enjoyment!
    Bowling is fun - Winning just adds to the enjoyment

Mark P. Gutkowski
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA Certified
    playbowlpro.com

I right handed and I hate getting 10 pins but I really think they are easier to shoot at then 7 pins.

But last week I was missing both 7 and 10 pins. It was a bad night for my spare game.
    Brent Dolan www.alltenback.com
    USBC average to date 201, USBC High Game 278,USBC High Series 713, Newest Video Post

Bowler
    Chats: 20

i use my strike ball for both 10s and 7s. i just cant hook into a 7 pin . its extremely hard for me

SandBagger
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 52

I've gotten a lot of practice at both, and I've found that I get on streaks where one is easy, then the other his. But I say before every shot "We do not fear the 10 pin".

I have better luck with the 10 pin. I am able to flatten out the shot and pick it up with my Resurgence. The 7 pin shot seems to take off on me sometimes.
    Ted Domey
    Reformed Candle Pin Bowler

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

The 7 is easier to miss! I throw plastic at righthand spares and am ~95% on ten pins. I throw my strike ball fairly straight at left side spares and am probably ~95% on seven pins as well, however every once in awhile my body gets out of alignment and I miss them to the right.

Chats: 2315

Being a righty, the 7-pin is easier for me because I hook at it, this gives me more room for error. The exception might be on sport shots in which case throwing straight is probably better for the 7-pin even. In that case, I'd probably say 10-pin.

I am a left handed bowler, and I have the worst time in getting the 7 pin. For me, it is psychological, because when I feel confident, I can get it. When I am a little shaky, it's in the gutter or just misses to the right.
    I don't even think about the 10 pin. It's usually a simple shot.

I'm a righty and I have a harder time making the 10 pin because even though I have a plastic spare ball when I aim for the 10 pin sometimes my ball hooks (even though it's not supposed to. I think I have a better chance of making the 7.
    I am a proud member of www.bowlingboards.com
    My degree is in music, my sport is bowling.
    The love of my life is my husband Kev3inp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast