Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which pin is easier for you to get 7 or 10?

Chats: 2315

robynsdad, I agree that confidence is big. That applies to pretty much everything in bowling but some people when leaving their ball-side corner pin panic. I find just telling myself that I know I can hit it is helpful, and trying not to baby it.

dpmusic70, I suggest taking some time to practice making your ball go basically dead straight. That way, you know it'd be just a matter of executing a decent shot and you'll hit it.

10's are easier for me but I dont mind shooting the 7. Depending on the lane condition determins on how I shoot them. If they are dry I will just use my spare ball and throw it from the right corner across. If they are semi oily I will use my strike ball with some rev on it
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com

Balls: Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm GravityShift, Roto Grip Neptune, Columbia 300 Wrath Dead Flush, Brunswick Twisted Fury

Avg 186
    High Game/Series 288/688

AKA Jrock

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Strike Domination View Post
    dpmusic70, I suggest taking some time to practice making your ball go basically dead straight. That way, you know it'd be just a matter of executing a decent shot and you'll hit it.

She tries hard to throw it straight, but seems to slow down her speed, rather than go faster, and she puts more hand into the ball, too. I can't figure it out. I think she's trying to steer the ball rather than believing in the shot, but I don't know. This may be another instance of getting her another lesson. I'll bet we could win one from Let's Go Bowling, but that's a long drive for a single lesson.

We do need more practice time, but that's been hard to work into the equation lately. Well, pretty much the last 6 months for various reasons.

ten pin is easier for right handers

for me the 7 pin is easier , however I am pretty good at the 10 pin as well
    INFO:Avg. N/A Righty,Stroker,Equipment Roto Grip,Brunswick,Ebonite 15lbs.

On sport in a competitive environment, both the 7 and 10 are challenging, as a former collegiate bowler I've made and missed my fair share. On house the 7 is easier cause you can play em safe by going up the dry boards with soft speed. However there is no easier way to get the 10, best thing to do is to get soft with the wrist position, walk towards the pin and throw an A game shot.
    12-13 Current Avgs: 215, 224, 230
    12-13 High Game, Series: 300(2), 898
    High Game/Series: 300(6), 898

Chats: 0

We bowled last night and I did make a few 10 pins. If I can remember to take off my wrist support and throw my spare ball faster I have a much better chance at making those pesky 10 pins.
    I am a proud member of www.bowlingboards.com
    My degree is in music, my sport is bowling.
    The love of my life is my husband Kev3inp

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

She's pretty deadly on those poor 7's. Too bad she doesn't leave them as much. I hope I leave a shiitake-load () when we bowl scotch doubles in NC this July. We'll clean up.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

10 is the easiest and that probably comes from the amount I leave. Some nights I leave 10 pin after 10 pin so I have had to learn to pick them up or suffer huge scoring swings. . I throw my strike ball.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    7's are no problem for me either, like Jord, playing second arrow with less speed (even on synthetic Jord, so you will get them too) gets them, I can't remember last one I ever missed). 10 pins are around 85% these days but I'm using my strike ball. I don't use a spare ball, as it as greatly helped me flatten my hand to get them. I see so many people grab a spare ball from their bag and miss it. I can do that with my strike ball and not waste any time. Usually when I miss, I'm only off a board or 2 to the left. I rarely go into gutter. So I then move feet 2 boards deeper and mark 2 boards to stay in the oil longer sliding to the 10 pin. I try not to let it roll to early on them, but sometimes it does anyway.
    I do the same on 10's and to prevent early roll i aim further down the lane about 3-5 feet in front of the pin. Causes me to extend out more and the ball rolls later.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast