Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which pin is easier for you to get 7 or 10?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Question Which pin is easier for you to get 7 or 10?

Ok so those pesky single pins kill me.

I must say that the 10 is easier for me, but what about you?

Which pin is easier for you to pick up on a regular basis? 7 or the 10
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 3

7, I shoot straight up the second arrow and my ball takes off and finds that sucker...on wood lanes anyway. I'd be screwed doing that on synthetics.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

7's are no problem for me either, like Jord, playing second arrow with less speed (even on synthetic Jord, so you will get them too) gets them, I can't remember last one I ever missed). 10 pins are around 85% these days but I'm using my strike ball. I don't use a spare ball, as it as greatly helped me flatten my hand to get them. I see so many people grab a spare ball from their bag and miss it. I can do that with my strike ball and not waste any time. Usually when I miss, I'm only off a board or 2 to the left. I rarely go into gutter. So I then move feet 2 boards deeper and mark 2 boards to stay in the oil longer sliding to the 10 pin. I try not to let it roll to early on them, but sometimes it does anyway.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

7 pin is easier for me as I have a high rev rate. All I have to do is fire the ball up the 1st arrow, and that sucker will rip across the lane and take it out. I like to rev the ball up, which sometimes causes me to miss some 10 pins because I fail to flatten it enough.
    Glenn Cox
    Style: Cranker
    Average: 215, High Game: 300 (2), High Series: 772
    Arsenal: Cell (2), Black Widow Bite, No Mercy Beat'n, Cherry Vibe, Anger, Link, Black Widow Solid

Show Your Bowling Love By Adding This In Your Signature
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Being a right handed bowler people would think 7 pin would be the easiest for me but actually the 10 is the easiest and that probably comes from the volume of them I shoot. Some nights I leave 10 pin after 10 pin so I have had to learn to pick them up or suffer huge scoring swings. I have gotten so I shoot all corner pins directly at them because when you get into the tournaments such as nationals you can't hook the lane into spares as the volume of oil will not allow it. I throw my strike ball and just flatten my hand out to kill the hook. It seems to work for me.

Bowler
    Chats: 20

I'm a righty and it very hard for me to get the 7 pin...and very easy to get the 10 pin

Tjames, when you keep leaving 10 pins move back on your approach 4-6inches...do everything else the same. You'll be amazed at how that typically cleans them up.

I personally HATE 7 pins...i shoot around 85% on the pesky little suckers...but half of that is my nerves. the 10 pin is easy for me because my high school coach had us do pushups if we missed them. I tell ya you only miss a few and you WON'T miss anymore!
    High Game 289 (quite a few)
    High Series 719
    High average 195

HOLIDAY!!! YOU'RE WEARING YOUR STREET SHOES!

What is Bowling?

MH313, Thanks for the advice I have in fact tried that at times and it is a fine line between the 10 and the 4 then for me. Ball sets up just a touch high and then it is a 4 pin. I have been able to clean up 10 pins by moving back a few but I tell you some nights or some tournaments it just don't matter. Change balls, change angle, change rotation or anything and guess what 10 pin! Oh well I love the abuse so I keep going back! Again thanks for the reply I do forget that at times.
    Last edited by Tjames300; 03-31-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spellin

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

It's pretty much the same for me since I got my spare ball and throw straight at either side. I got so tired of missing left or right of the 10 because of misgauging the oil that I use it for most of my single pin spares. Oh, I'm lefty.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by maverick_124 View Post
    I'm a righty and it very hard for me to get the 7 pin...and very easy to get the 10 pin
    Also a righty, and it's easier for me to pick up the 10-pin. I throw straight and plastic for right-side spares, and my strike ball for left-side. Sometimes my ball hits too much oil and skids right past the 7.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and winner of a weekly ball contest!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast