Thread: How competitive is your team?

Chats: 10

Default How competitive is your team?

How competitive are your bowling teams that you are on?

I bowl on three leagues. Two leagues we are not very competitive and one we are. One league "1" I bowl with older bowlers. One just by 5 years or so and the others by 25-30 years. This league we are middle of the pack. The guys on my team are good guys, but haven't bowled to well in the 4 years I bowled with them. At times, it's hard to get motivated to bowl well. One league "2" We have three good bowlers and picked up two from the center to fill out our team. Those two players are great guys who try to improve and more importantly nice people. However, we are in last place and gets a little frustrating when I know we can do better. We have fun, which is the most important thing, but would like to win a bit more. League "3" is the most competitive team im on. We have three 200 + bowlers, 180 bowler and then 140 bowler. Again we have fun, but I notice, this team I get more motivated as we are more competitive. We are hanging around 4 th place and can be moving up.

One thing I noticed in my life no matter which league im bowling in over the years is my patience has grown. lol! Which is great. Also have seen how I have changed in my attitude. Usually I can be very competitive where my emotions are seen easily, wanting to win and saying things I'll regret later. But bowling has helped me change that a bit.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    How competitive are your bowling teams that you are on?
    The Team or League?

The league I'm on now, which I've been on for like 20+ years was called a "moderately competitive" league in the old brochures. Though now it's called "A recreational social league with fun competitive nature".

But "moderately competitive" I think is fairly accurate, but sometimes it was a little more competitive depending on who was bowling that season.

Now the mens league I use to bowl on was highly competitive.

As for my current team, "moderately competitive" still applies. We have fun, but we take it seriously too.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Just started with this team last week so can't say for sure but I am very competitive and am bowling with my best friend again and he is very competitive too. We always bowled together and were always within a few pins of each other on our averages. Currently his average is 201, and after one week mine is 170 so I have a way to go. His son is also on our team and we both coached him and my kids years ago. His average is 196. We have two other bowlers and their averages are about 190 and 185 but seems like they are there more to have fun, which after all, is why we are all there anyway. But I can say after a few weeks me and him will probably be pretty close again so that competitive spirit will come out again.

SandBagger

I bowl in a league in which most people are not that competitive. I would really like to bowl in a more competitive league but the days don't work out as well. There are two teams that are really competitive, however, and it is a lot of fun when the two of them (mine is one of them) get to bowl each other.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Cranker

I'm only bowling in one league this season and it's more a social mixed league so not really that competitive. 48 person league and there are only 3 people over a 180+ avg and low averages are about 100. It's a fun league though and the people are fun to bowl with. Last season I was in a men's league and that was very competitive 32 teams of 4 men and I would say half the guys were 200+ averages both leagues were lots of fun for different reasons. The men's league was just fun to compete it, the mixed league was just a fun night out.

Pin Crusher

After 32 years bowling on Friday night I would say it is very competitive. Prize money is good and pots are very big. If you aren't competitive you are in the wrong league.

Other league much more relaxed but still a little competitive.

Of the two leagues I'm in this season, the Wednesday night league is pretty competitive and a higher pay-out league with sponsor money and higher dues. My team is currently 15th out of 22 (ugh!). My Thursday night league is much less competitive and a much lower payout. A lot of straight bowlers and lower skilled players. My team in this league is currently 2nd out of 26 (Yay!).
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Chats: 256

My Tuesday league is competitive. 38 teams and relatively good money in it.

Thursday however is not competitive. 26 teams, but more lower average bowlers. Team I have been on for last 7-8 years can sometimes get frustrating when we lose by 5-6 pins and one of them doesn't break 100. LOL.

Next year I think I am done with Thursdays and moving to a different center on Wednesdays where I have subbed a few times. House is packed with 56 teams and does strike pot tickets every night. End of season, those that missed the pots, they do even bigger strike pots. One guy from what they have told me had 2 chances to strike for $1500 and $2000 each time. WOW!!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up