Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Boatman37's scores

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Default Boatman37's scores

After a 15 year break came back last week using a borrowed ball.

Average was 193 when I quit in 2002. Current average = 170

Pin Crusher

Gotta start somewhere!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Ringer

Not a bad start, once you get your own equipment your average will get better.

High Roller

Got a 'new' to me ball tonight from a fellow lefty. First game with it was a 244. Ball had alot of backend and lanes were dry when we started and started getting worse. Second game was 124. Move my mark to the next arrow and got a 187 the last game. 2nd game I had 4 splits, not just 3-7 splits. These were 7-10, 6-7-10, etc. Ball is a Storm Sync. Don't know much about the ball other than it is about 6 years old.

Tonights scores:

555 series. new average is 177.5

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Got a 'new' to me ball tonight from a fellow lefty. First game with it was a 244. Ball had alot of backend and lanes were dry when we started and started getting worse. Second game was 124. Move my mark to the next arrow and got a 187 the last game. 2nd game I had 4 splits, not just 3-7 splits. These were 7-10, 6-7-10, etc. Ball is a Storm Sync. Don't know much about the ball other than it is about 6 years old.

Tonights scores:

555 series. new average is 177.5
    Learn to observe. Most of the time, unless all the other bowlers on the pair are lefties, the ball will give you clues as to where you need to move before you leave a 6 pin or the 6-7-10.
    John

High Roller

I kept moving to adjust for the drier conditions but then had trouble hitting my mark. I was having issues all night with the crappy house shoes too so that wasn't helping. Ordered new shoes this morning so hopefully have those for next week. All excuses aside I just struggled to hit my mark the second game. After moving in to the 2nd arrow for the 3rd game I was able to get in some oil and got it dialed back in. Just wish it wouldn't have taken so long to figure that out. All in all I am happy with my progress. After using a righty ball last week then a new to me ball that wasn't drilled for me last night I can't complain. I told myself I would be happy to throw 150-160 the first few weeks so already surpassed that. Hopefully the new shoes and a few more games with the new ball and I can get back over a 190 average. I used to go all night with only 1 or 2 opens. I was great at converting spares but might take awhile to get that back. Only reason games 1 and 3 were so good was I had 7 strikes in game 1 and a 5 bagger in game 3. Struggled picking up spares even in those games.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    I kept moving to adjust for the drier conditions but then had trouble hitting my mark. I was having issues all night with the crappy house shoes too so that wasn't helping. Ordered new shoes this morning so hopefully have those for next week. All excuses aside I just struggled to hit my mark the second game. After moving in to the 2nd arrow for the 3rd game I was able to get in some oil and got it dialed back in. Just wish it wouldn't have taken so long to figure that out. All in all I am happy with my progress. After using a righty ball last week then a new to me ball that wasn't drilled for me last night I can't complain. I told myself I would be happy to throw 150-160 the first few weeks so already surpassed that. Hopefully the new shoes and a few more games with the new ball and I can get back over a 190 average. I used to go all night with only 1 or 2 opens. I was great at converting spares but might take awhile to get that back. Only reason games 1 and 3 were so good was I had 7 strikes in game 1 and a 5 bagger in game 3. Struggled picking up spares even in those games.
    I’m glad you explained in more detail. The original post made it sound like you waited until third game to make an adjustment. Sometimes it seems like everthing one tries to do is the wrong adjustment.

For what it’s worth, I think that if you like the Sync you should have it plugged and drilled to fit and then get a plastic (polyester) spare ball as your next new ball.
    John

High Roller

I like the way the Sync rolls and reacts but then again the only 'good' balls I have ever used were my old Brunswick Cobalt Rhino (circa 1990) and a Brunswick Black Beauty. Those were my two balls from way back. The Sync is pretty used up and has a hairline crack near the thumb hole so it isn't a keeper either but the price was right and it was better than the right handed ball I was using. I would like to get something similar to the Sync. I really like it. Way different than my Rhino. It had a smooth sweeping arc from end to end where the Sync rolls fairly straight for about 2/3 of the lane then starts to grab then snaps in a few feet from the pins. I am a lower rev bowler and never thought I could throw a ball like this. I'm guessing most newer style balls will do the same if drilled similarly but if my next ball rolls like this I will be happy. I will need a spare ball though for the 7 pin. I missed it a few times with the Sync then the last time went back to the borrowed righty ball to pick it up. Too much backend with the Sync to get that 7. Maybe with some practice I could get there though.

High Roller

Rough night tonight. Started out on my usual mark and kept hitting high. Kept adjusting but no good. Moved to the 2nd arrow to try to get into some oil and stayed there the 2nd half of game 1 and all of game 2 but struggled to hit my mark and was all over the place. Third game I moved back to my original mark (first arrow) and adjusted from there but was still horrible. Used my new shoes and had some trouble getting used to them so that played a part in my first game.

Yep...pretty bad. 476 series...ugh.

overall average = 171

High Roller

Well figured after a few weeks I would start getting better...wrong! The Storm I had been using was causing alot of aching for days afterwards. The holes are a little too big and I am having to squeeze the ball all night. Son tonight I used a Hammer Spike that was drilled for a righty but it rolled pretty good. Still had trouble hitting my mark all night but realized I am turning my shoulders most of the time.

Tonights scores:

Game 1: 145. 3 strikes (started the game with 2), 2 spares and 5 opens

Game 2: 142. 3 strikes, 3 spares and 5 opens

Game 3: 146. 3 strikes, 4 spares and 4 opens

433 series.

I guess the bright side is my consistency...lol. A bad night for me before was 2 or 3 opens in a whole night. I will get there. Talked to the PSO tonight and he is drilling up a new ball for me for next week so that should help.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast