Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Increasing ball speed for a 2-hander

Chats: 2

Big thing is footwork and balance. The faster my feet get, the slower the ball gets as my timing gets off. You have to find some kind of timing in order to bowl with 2-hands, otherwise you'll find yourself in a world of pain. Work on smoothing out your approach and your release. Try to avoid coming around the ball and staying under the ball. Adjust your off hand if necessary. I've noticed if my off hand is on top of the ball, I get more forward roll and the ball reads the lanes sooner. If I put my off hand on the bottom or side of the ball, it changes my axis tilt just enough that it puts a bit more side roll on the ball to get it down lane, but it also creates more overall hook. Also, try lighter equipment if you have to. A few years ago when all of this aggressive equipment started coming out, I dropped from 15# to 14# so that I could keep my ball speed a bit higher.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Ran across this and thought it would go good with this.

Two-hander Jason Belmonte discusses proper footwork in the two-handed bowling technique.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Ran across this and thought it would go good with this.

Two-hander Jason Belmonte discusses proper footwork in the two-handed bowling technique.

This is exactly true. I see a lot of people trying to bowl with 2 hands that don't keep the tempo. Tempo is everything in any approach. Thanks for posting the videos!
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl

Chats: 0

As a matter of fact, I dropped all my equipment from 15# to 14#. That has helped some. Last night I bowled and had some horrible pulls to the left causing 4 counts on my first ball. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley1994 View Post
    As a matter of fact, I dropped all my equipment from 15# to 14#. That has helped some. Last night I bowled and had some horrible pulls to the left causing 4 counts on my first ball. Embarrassing.
    I just did it because of how aggressive equipment became. As for pulling shots to the left, that's probably due to some poor timing. Sounds like you're getting to the line late with your feet and your hands are there first. I've had this happen before as well. I've had to speed my feet up a hair, or start my backswing a bit later. Best option, take in some practice, try to set up a camera so you can go back and watch yourself. Work on squaring your shoulders at the line as well. Any other questions, feel free to message me directly and I will help you out the best I can.
    Last edited by chip82901; 01-26-2018 at 12:06 PM.

If I get my shoulders square at the line, due to coming around the ball early, the shot is almost always yanked left.

SandBagger

To avoid pulling shots I have really worked hard on keeping my elbow tucked in more and having my feet always pointed to the right. It works for me as long as I can maintain timing (another issue).
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12