Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resurfacing true or false?

I had my Cyclone resurfaced for $25.

Long term, I'll get a spinner. For now it's money well spent. Didn't take out the gouges it has, but reaction is as good as it ever was.

Chats: 256

What's the question?
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

My gues is that the PSO was just trying to keep you from wasting money resurfacing a ball that with even with the best results will still perform like a 22yo bowling ball. If you are resurfacing it yourself that would be slightly better, but I’m not sure the finished product would be worth the cost of a set of abrasion pads.
    The technology has changed so much just in the last few years. There are some great balls for around $100, like the Hustle or Match Up lines that come in solid, pearl or hybrid, you can certainly find the motion you are looking for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12