Thread: Nothing like the night before you pick up your new ball

Chats: 10

Default Nothing like the night before you pick up your new ball

Get to pick up my new Hyper Cell Fused tomorrow before League! Can’t wait. Will only be able to throw a few shadow balls tomorrow before I decided if I want to use it in league, but it’s always exciting when I get a new all.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Good luck. I just started back 2 weeks ago after a 15 year break. First week used a teammates ball (he is a righty, I am a lefty). Last week a fellow lefty brought one of his old balls. I started my first game with the old righty ball then in the 4th frame I switched to the 'new' lefty ball. First 4 shots were strikes. Rolled a 244. Hope you have a similar experience!

It's great for sure Bloomer..

I can still remember the night before getting my first ever ball, and the excitement of the day waiting in awe in the Pro shop whilst it's being drilled in front of me (some 18yrs ago).. The smell of the urethane..OOHHHH Heaven!

Any time I get to add a new one to the arsenal I get excited.

Last weekend I knew that I had to get a ball to bridge the gap between my strong equipment and my BTU solid, and after looking closely as to what is available I decided to go with our True Motion urethane.

While I can certainly play deep if I have to, I prefer to stay on my original line and change balls, speeds and revs, and the True Motion is what will get me there.

It has the same core as our Magnitude 035 and the new Dynami Core inner outer core. Combine that with the urethane cover from the Rhino urethanes from back in the late 80's early 90's, this ball has great motion on the oil and hitting power that I have never seen from a urethane.

The pin carry is so good it's silly. And the ability to open up the pocket with great recovery is actually better than some of my strong stuff.

Chats: 256

Blomer, I had to take off the factory shine on the ball for it to react the way I wanted it to.

Practiced with it today and I really love it. Can play quite a few different lines with it. Inside it holds and comes up at the end. Outside it reacts sharply to friction, it rolls really well.

Posting a video of the ball and how it rolls for me. Will link it here when I get it uploaded.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...741#post163741
    Last edited by vdubtx; 01-22-2018 at 12:30 AM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up