Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bought a bunch of balls tonight

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    I feel so lost in todays bowling world...lol. Thats one reason I want to wait to get a new ball. To give me time to get re-acclimated to it and to get more familiar with the new style balls versus what was out 25 years ago when I bought my last one.
    I'm right there with ya bud, just as confused as you are. It's not so straight forward anymore like it used to be. If you have a good PSO who will watch you throw a few balls, explain to him what you're looking for and what you want it to do and if he's good he will steer you in the right direction. If he's like the douche out here then he'll point you to the most expensive stuff he's got or some lemon that's been collecting dust he wants to get rid of. Not much different than the likes of used car dealers back in the day. See what your guy says but if you have doubts of his credibility call other PSO's and check their prices. Online balls are cheaper but depending on what your guy charges to drill a ball that wasn't purchased from him you may end up paying more that way. Meaning if the ball you want is 200 at the PSO but 150 online, if he charges $60+ to drill it you aren't saving anything you're paying more. However, for the 200 drilling may be included in the price at least it should be. You have to do research these days especially if money is an issue, it's not cut and dry anymore.

High Roller

Yeah, he includes drilling with a new ball and i saw him watching and recording another bowler to get him set up so guessing he does that for everyone. i asked about him drilling one i bought somewhere else and he said its $60 with the grips so not worth buying online. the ones i looked at were about $40 cheaper online but after paying him i am further ahead just getting them from him. another problem is he doesn't have much in stock right now. he said he was trying to get everything sold off to make room for the new releases at the end of summer and i'm guessing if he orders me one it would be a little higher priced. he keeps pointing me towards this Hammer Black Widow Gold. its a 15lb ball for $179. don't know much about it but he says it would be a good ball for me and said it reacts good on house conditions.

I was looking at the Black Widow Gold myself and all the other Hammer balls. It's such a difficult choice. If I had a blank check to take to the pro shop I'd be grabbing balls off the shelf like a monkey in a banana factory.

Pin Crusher

The best ball I have purchased in the last 10 yrs. is the Storm Match. Perfect scale is only 176 but it is as much of a ball you are ever going to need. Best part is it comes dull and polishes great. The price is right too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123