Thread: Bought my first alternate strike ball

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default Bought my first alternate strike ball

I struggle to adjust when the lanes break down and I start moving allover. Finally decided to get a ball to switch to to get a different path to the pocket. I also will do a couple of sport shot tournaments. I have adare devil trick and a now Daredevil danger pearl. But if the lanes are dry to start at my other alley then I'd start with pearl maybe and have nothing to switch to. Will I need to and how do I practice during open bowl? Stand in the same spot throwing both?

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    I struggle to adjust when the lanes break down and I start moving allover. Finally decided to get a ball to switch to to get a different path to the pocket. I also will do a couple of sport shot tournaments. I have adare devil trick and a now Daredevil danger pearl. But if the lanes are dry to start at my other alley then I'd start with pearl maybe and have nothing to switch to. Will I need to and how do I practice during open bowl? Stand in the same spot throwing both?

The different balls should be about the different shapes to the pocket. If you throw from the same spot its doubtful you'll get to the pocket with both. So it's basically learning both balls and figuring out ways to get to the pocket with them.

Bowler

First league night having 2 balls and didn't see a difference between the 2 balls. Maybe my side didn't breakdown. Only lefty with 5 others.2 throwing a house ball. New ball feels more snug I guess because the grips are new and has a sharper hook than I expected for being a pearl. I stuck with the solid . I tried the Pearl on last shot in 10th of first gm and got 8. Just to experiment. We ended up tied that game. Every pin counts..I won't do that again.

The next time that you are looking for a different path to the pocket, you might want to refrain from buying two balls with the same core. Just sayin'!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The next time that you are looking for a different path to the pocket, you might want to refrain from buying two balls with the same core. Just sayin'!
    Even with the same core if you can't see a difference between a trick and the danger you might want to see a bowling coach. The trick is way earlier than the danger due to surface differences
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I moved on from my Ebonite Cyclone to a Motiv Jackal Ghost and an Ebonite Affinity. Early hook with continuation for heavy oil (the house I roll league on loves to lay it down, theres a 2nd league that goes immediately after mine ends with no prep in between) and late angular motion on more medium conditions as it all breaks down. Just picked up the Ghost yesterday, the Affinity was last week's purchase. The house my preferred pro shop is at doesn't lay down the oil hardly at all, so I didn't get a chance to see how the Ghost is going to roll for me yet, will find out tomorrow. The Affinity performed well for me later in the night last week after the lanes started to break down, here's hoping the Ghost gives what I need early.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    I struggle to adjust when the lanes break down and I start moving allover. Finally decided to get a ball to switch to to get a different path to the pocket. I also will do a couple of sport shot tournaments. I have a dare devil trick and a now Daredevil danger pearl. But if the lanes are dry to start at my other alley then I'd start with pearl maybe and have nothing to switch to. Will I need to and how do I practice during open bowl? Stand in the same spot throwing both?
    There is no "Dare devil danger pearl", Just which balls do you have?

The "Dare Devil" is a pearl

The "Dare Devil Danger" is a hybrid

The "Dare Devil Trick" is a solid

All three ball's are identical except for coverstock and OOB

The Trick should be the earliest of the three mainly do to the OOB with the "Dare devil" and the "Dare Devil Danger" being very similar.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker