Thread: Bad A$$ vs. Absolut Curve

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Default Bad A$$ vs. Absolut Curve

So in my other thread you see I picked up a few extra balls last week. After a 15 year break I am rusty and feel pretty awkward at the line. I am using a ball from another lefty (Storm Sync). I like the Sync but it isn't drilled for me exactly and my muscles from my 2 middle fingers in my forearm are pretty sore for a few days afterwards. Probably due to not being used to bowling but also due to the Sync fitting a little loose and me having to grip it a little harder. It has a slight crack near the thumbhole so not planning to get it redrilled. Before spending the money on a new ball I think I am further ahead using one of these old balls until I get comfortable again then before next season pick up something shiny (or dull...lol) and new. So here is what I narrowed it down to:

Here is my typical shot: Stand at the 3rd dot from the left and throw over the first arrow (I'm a lefty). My ball pretty much rides straight along the gutter then turns right about 5' before the pins. I'm not one of these cross alley bowlers and have never had any luck doing that. I keep my wrist straight and come up behind the ball. No fancy wrist twisting or anything.

Bad A$$

Absolut Curve

Opinions on which might be the better one to get redrilled? Seem like pretty similar characteristics? Probably get one of these Hammer Spikes drilled up for spares. Says it is for drier conditions so should roll a little straighter for me?

Chats: 32

Absolute curve will be later with more backend the bad A$$ will be earlier with more even rolling. Both are descent balls
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone