Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things other bowlers say that irk you and your sarcastic comebacks!

Chats: 0

Default Things other bowlers say that irk you and your sarcastic comebacks!

First, lets keep it PG rated. I figured I'd say that as a disclaimer so MOD's take notice. LOL This could be fun though.

Whatever people say I'm sure I've heard worse from people that like me better so you better come up with a whopper for me to even notice. However, some things people say especially on league do get make me want to drop my ball on their foot.

If you're having a bad night on the lanes and they claim your sandbagging. I'm not meaning they are just joking around either.
    I only had once guy accuse me of this but he was well known for being "That Guy", every league has one. I always bowl my best, sandbagging is stupid. Plus, it's also easy to tell when someone IS doing it. However just for arguments sake given the source I loudly told him "Yes I was sandbagging, I wanted to see what it felt like to have 1 as a handicap, when yours gets below triple digits come then see me again" Embarrassed, he just grumbled and walked away.

One I really hate is "You need to get this kind of ball and it will add 20 pins to your game" Blah blah blah
    My reply is "Nah, I'll just get two more marks next time and save my money"

Last one I have to give my former teammate credit for. The guy running a pot said to him "You getting into pots? You should just burn your money instead!" When play was over ironically my teammate won that pot. When the guy came over for the payout my teammate said "I think I'll just burn my winnings...bigger flame"

Most times I just ignore them BUT sometimes guys have to be taken down a notch. I've never really lost an insult match other than against my wife which I chose to concede. That's an exception for obvious reasons. Depending on what level of douche they are determines if they get my "A" material or not.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

My number one peeve is when a teammate says “you pulled it.” No s***, I never would have figured that out. Now how about telling me how to fix it!
    Number two is when some one leaves a flat 10 pin or worse and his or her teammates say “aw, you got robbed, that should have been a strike.”
    John

Chats: 10

In one league, I’m the only one on my team that brings a 4 ball roller. Three others only use one ball where the other brings two. Whenever I change balls, one of the guys on my team makes a comment such as “Making Another ball change,” or “Next time bring more balls,” or something stupid like that. He has one ball and usually ha s one of the lowest averages on my team where i have the highest. A few weeks back I barked back at him saying “Well maybe that’s why my average is over 20 pins higher than yours” He hasn’t said a thing since.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

SandBagger

Generally, I ignore people. However, in some instances I will say something.

One day the team that had a bunch of poor losers were having a bad game so they were all griping loudly and trying to distract my team. Finally, one of them kicked the ball return really hard while I was on the approach. I walked over to the team captain and told him that he needed to manage his team because their (and his) behavior was inexcusable. His reply: "I can't do anything about it." "Yes, you can. You're the manager!"

I never saw a poorer manager. Nobody running a bowling alley should sit idly by while his own teammates abuse the equipment.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by TCJ View Post
    Generally, I ignore people. However, in some instances I will say something.

One day the team that had a bunch of poor losers were having a bad game so they were all griping loudly and trying to distract my team. Finally, one of them kicked the ball return really hard while I was on the approach. I walked over to the team captain and told him that he needed to manage his team because their (and his) behavior was inexcusable. His reply: "I can't do anything about it." "Yes, you can. You're the manager!"

I never saw a poorer manager. Nobody running a bowling alley should sit idly by while his own teammates abuse the equipment.
    You mean it was the manager of the center who was the team captain?
    John

The thing that absolutely horrifies me is when a bowler who is still playing the second arrow long after all the oil is gone, leaves an eight ten pocket split and exclaims, "That was the best shot I threw all night." I usually don't say anything, but I've been known to lower my head and gently bang my head into the table top.

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Number two is when some one leaves a flat 10 pin or worse and his or her teammates say “aw, you got robbed, that should have been a strike.”
    This! Anything hitting the head pin should be a strike, acording to some people.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The thing that absolutely horrifies me is when a bowler who is still playing the second arrow long after all the oil is gone, leaves an eight ten pocket split and exclaims, "That was the best shot I threw all night." I usually don't say anything, but I've been known to lower my head and gently bang my head into the table top.
    not everyone knows that kinda stuff. i barely know what to do as the night goes on

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    not everyone knows that kinda stuff. i barely know what to do as the night goes on
    That's why God invented coaches and BTM! LOL

SandBagger

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    You mean it was the manager of the center who was the team captain?
    Yes, it was.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast