Thread: Youth and Youth/Adult tournaments

Chats: 0

Default Youth and Youth/Adult tournaments

I know when I was a kid there was the family twosome tournaments which were something I always looked forward to so I could either shoot with my mom, sister or step dad who was my instructor who all were excellent bowlers. The only other youth tournament (I remember) was the IJAT (Illinois Junior Amateur Tour) and a national one I didn't participate in, then of course the youth league.

What is out there these days? Can I assume they still have both the family twosome and IJAT? What else is available for youth only and youth / adults? My son is already asking about this stuff for next year. Plus he also wants as many opportunities to bowl with me as we can. When I say youth let me specify he's 13 and he will still be by next fall. By next fall I want him to get every opportunity to participate in whatever is available. I checked the lanes we will be bowling at after we move and their site only talks about leagues. Any help would be appreciated.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I know when I was a kid there was the family twosome tournaments which were something I always looked forward to so I could either shoot with my mom, sister or step dad who was my instructor who all were excellent bowlers. The only other youth tournament (I remember) was the IJAT (Illinois Junior Amateur Tour) and a national one I didn't participate in, then of course the youth league.

What is out there these days? Can I assume they still have both the family twosome and IJAT? What else is available for youth only and youth / adults? My son is already asking about this stuff for next year. Plus he also wants as many opportunities to bowl with me as we can. When I say youth let me specify he's 13 and he will still be by next fall. By next fall I want him to get every opportunity to participate in whatever is available. I checked the lanes we will be bowling at after we move and their site only talks about leagues. Any help would be appreciated.
    Sounds like you have about seven years of bowling together in youth/adult competitions ahead of you.

You should be able to find youth/adult tournaments through USBC’s web site bowl.com. We had one at our center back in the fall. I was asked to bowl by one of the kids I coach on Saturday, and we wound up bowling against one of Parker Bohn’s sons and Chris from Buddies Pro Shop. Then on Sunday afternoon I got to bowl with another teenager, and we bowled well enough for him to win $100 in scholarship funds. Both afternoons were a blast.
    John

Chats: 32

Check out Elite Youth Tour they run some really good tournaments in the Chicago area my daughter has bowled in a couple of them and they were first class. You should also contact your state USBC board as they will have a youth committee that will have numerous events
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Youth can also bowl a lot of adult singles tournaments as well. So maybe not bowling together as a team, you can still bowl together (against each other)