Thread: Funny Things Bowlers Say

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Default Funny Things Bowlers Say

Since there is another thread about the things bowlers say that are irritating, there should be one about funny things they say. I'd much rather remember the lighthearted comments rather than the annoying ones. With that, I can still here a certain bowler's voice in my head every time someone leaves a solid ten pin:

Hello, ten!
    You are my friend.
    Where have you been
    All of my life.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by TCJ View Post
    Since there is another thread about the things bowlers say that are irritating, there should be one about funny things they say. I'd much rather remember the lighthearted comments rather than the annoying ones. With that, I can still here a certain bowler's voice in my head every time someone leaves a solid ten pin:

Hello, ten!
    You are my friend.
    Where have you been
    All of my life.
    This could fall in either category. We had a bowler in our league who would loudly announce,”that’s a thing of beauty!” anytime someone on his pair left a big split. He even said it when it happened to his team.

When we had five man teams we used to call it a “coffee box” if four of us struck in the same frame. I know, you’re thinking that’s a beer frame. Back then we were in a church bowling league, so the guy who didn’t strike owed the others a coffee or a soda. Our anchor man (my dad) was named Howard, and if our leadoff man struck we would start chanting “coffee on Howard”
    John

I agree, it shouldn't be about just the annoying things so thanks for creating this post too. I have a few that would fall in this category too.

One team I had an older gentleman name Lenny with rather less than stellar dental work with sporadic teeth missing. When someone would have a weird leave with odd pins kinda all over they'd shout "Lenny's Teeth!" followed by an eerie Crypt Keeper type laugh. First time the guy said it Lenny couldn't stop laughing and it was all in fun. So after that it just became a staple. Lenny was a good man with a great sense of humor and a good bowler that always came through under pressure. To this day when I see a weird leave, I always think "Lenny's Teeth!"

We also had another rather strange individual who after a strike in a pressure situation would come back screaming YEAH! and dry hump the ball return. I don't know if everyone was laughing at him or with him. Although we needed the strike I think we were hoping he didn't get it because we knew what was coming if he did. Me, I just kept my distance. I just had visions of Cousin Eddie saying "If he grabs on to your leg it's best to just let him finish Clark" This really isn't really something that was said but it's definitely memorable.

As a riff on the current Budweiser commercials, on occasion when someone makes a good shot we'll holler "Dilly, dilly!" or the variant if someone gutters, "The pit of misery! Dilly, dilly!"

It's good for a few laughs.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Cranker

Not really a funny thing to say but a woman on my team always misses the 5 pin spare so my team and I keep saying "no misses a 5 pin" whenever you she leaves one. The same woman on my team once got up on her approach and yelled really loud, "C'mon I need some wood" The teams on the 2 others pairs next to us stopped dead in their tracks and my team was rolling on the floor.