Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtually a zero slide?

Chats: 0

Yes thanks Phonetek, now I know why you are Phonetek. I agree that I should focus on my approach which is not to bad actually and my timing when releasing the ball at the foul line. Accuracy when I focus on it is not bad either. I think next time I bowl I'll take a game and just focus on accuracy and see what I do. I've been so wrapped up in trying to hook a ball it consumes me. I think I need to chill. LOL. Thanks again.

Absolutely my pleasure. WAS a phonetek is more accurate but rather than put "FormerlyKnownAsPhonetek" that just sounded too much like "Prince" and lack of ingenuity of a better screen name I settled for this. LOL Bobby would be accurate. Focusing on accuracy will certainly be a plus. Being able to throw a buzzsaw isn't worth a darn if you can't be accurate doing it. It just looks prettier and more impressive when you miss.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Good point, I think I actually have those somewhere. They may have house paint on them. Still a better option than jeans that if I did happen to bend far enough in, after the shot if I need to scratch I'd have to reach into my back pocket. I think it's just time to get to the store to get something comfortable to bowl in. I'm tall and skinny as a rail so it's super difficult to find anything close. The not bending far enough may be the issue with the slide but I'm honestly not sure. Next time I'll make it a point to wear sweats and see if it makes a difference in either. The other possibility on why I am not bending is I may simply not be as flexible as I used to be.
    If you get back into bowling tournaments, you will find some have dress codes that prohibit wearing sweats.
    John

Yep, I remember. I have no problem with that at all. A nice bowling polo from Hammer and slacks are in my future, that's what I feel most comfortable in. That's my personal dress code for any kind of official bowling. I prefer polo's over the baggy button up traditional bowling shirt. If not for comfort it's out of respect for the sport. For right now I'm just practicing and coaching with my son, I would consider sweats for that. I already look odd enough being a 46yr old long hair rocker looking dude without going open bowling in full dress. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12