Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 300's in our league tonight

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I have been bowling league for 32 years. I have never bowled a 300 game. I came close once. I had 7 strikes in a row. In the 8th frame I went to throw my ball and for some reason it just fell off my hand. I was hoping that I would luck out and get a light hit strike. No dice. I got 7 pins down and picked up the 3 left for a spare. The last two frames I got all strikes. So just that one mishap in the 8th frame did me in. I would get a lot of 200+ games and 600+ scratch series but just couldn't hit that 300 mark. I just turned 71 so I don't have much time left to get one. At least my body is still okay for bowling.
    Hey don't give up, you're hardly near death at 71 these days. My great aunt is still alive and she's still driving and bowling on a senior league at 94. I need to go bowl with her one of these days although I'll drive LOL Just keep the dream of doing it alive. You just never know, the next time could be the time you do it.

Pin Crusher

On my other league I have a team mate who is 77 and still bowling great. Averaging over 200 this week he shot 171-259-269 for a 699. Never give up!

I like your attitude! Good for your teammate, that's some excellent bowling! I've already had 300's but I still want more especially after my 10yr break. I can only hope when I'm in my 70's I can still do it and do it well. I will never stop bowling again. I realized after 10yr break and went, what a void it left in my life. Even if a doctor tells me tomorrow I will die if I ever bowl again, I guess I'll be dying tomorrow night. LOL

Chats: 4

In our center on the Thursday night league there hasn't been
    a 300 game or an 800 series shot all season so far because
    of the screwy shot and screwy pinsetters having pins way off
    of spot.

I thought we might get lucky last Thursday night as our team
    mate got going on a string the first game and he never missed
    the pocket the whole game but only ended up with a 277 game
    because of a bad rack of pins.

I think the Wednesday night league has only had one 300 game
    and no 800 series all season long and that is the league with all
    of the best bowlers in the center.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

High Roller

Looks like we have 6 300's in our league this year and 3 800's (833, 809, 806). I just started 4 weeks ago and have already seen 3 300's. I know I won't get one this year but my goal is to get my first next year. Looking at all the different league results at our center we are definitely the best league. There were a couple other leagues that had a 300 but none where there were multiple 300's and none had any 800's

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Looks like we have 6 300's in our league this year and 3 800's (833, 809, 806). I just started 4 weeks ago and have already seen 3 300's. I know I won't get one this year but my goal is to get my first next year. Looking at all the different league results at our center we are definitely the best league. There were a couple other leagues that had a 300 but none where there were multiple 300's and none had any 800's
    Hey you just never know, you have to have more self confidence than that. Now that you'll have that new ball that actually fits your hand there is no telling. You may just get one this season. Heck, you may get more than one, time will tell. With all the prize money you'll be winning by next fall we'll be calling you "Yachtman37" Easy sailing the rest of this seasons for the boatman.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Hey you just never know, you have to have more self confidence than that. Now that you'll have that new ball that actually fits your hand there is no telling. You may just get one this season. Heck, you may get more than one, time will tell. With all the prize money you'll be winning by next fall we'll be calling you "Yachtman37" Easy sailing the rest of this seasons for the boatman.
    Not ruling it out but taking baby steps. It COULD happen but being realistic here. I was never able to do it in 20 years at the top of my game. Confident I can get back there again but understand it will take time. That doesn't mean I won't hit a hot streak. My first game the 2nd week back I rolled a 244. I started the game with 3 strikes then a split then 5 more strikes. Can't remember how it ended after that but I know I had at least 8 strikes that game....lol

High Roller

Heard there was a 299 tonight in our league. That has to suck. Our PSO rolled an 800 (80*). Heard him talking that on his last ball he needed a 5 for 800 so threw it down the middle.

Bowler

We are in week 29 (5th week of the 3rd 12 week season) of my current league. A 300 is a near impossibility here. Top 3 scores ever are 246, 245, 235. Highest individual series is 609 and highest 12 week average is 160.

Maybe we will all come down to your house to build some confidence!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12