Thread: Sometimes a blind team ain't a pushover......

Chats: 0

Default Sometimes a blind team ain't a pushover......

This past Saturday my team bowled a blind team. All four folks were sick. Well of course we all bowled like crap. My first game was a 137. I was using my urethane ball and couldn't get it working. I was leaving splits and missing easy spares. My second game was a 149. More splits and if I left three pins to pick up I got two down and if I left four pins I got three down. We lucked out and won the first game but the second game we lost by one pin. My problem the first game was my hand kept turning too early which crept into my second game when I was using my reactive ball.

The last game I made the decision to go back to my urethane ball and try something the pros do. I put my sliding foot on board 13 and was throwing my ball straight down the boards between boards one and five. What I also did was keep my hand under the ball and behind the ball more at my release. It worked great. My first ball was a strike. The second ball I left the four and ten pin split but I picked it up. Sometimes instead of straight down the boards I had a slight angle to the pocket. I was finally striking and leaving easy spares to pick up. I ended up bowling a 197 and a clean game with no opens. At least we won two games and series. If we lost everything to a blind team that would have been a great heart breaking loss.

During the first two games I was reaching the clenching of the teeth and I could feel whisps of smoke coming out of my ears. I knew I couldn't keep that up because it would make my bowling worse. So the last game I picked the right adjustment and calmed myself down. So you can't take a blind team for granted.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

High Roller

We had a bye Tuesday night. Won the first game by about 50, won the second by about 30, then lost the last by about 5. I bowled about 25 below my average every game so that was on me.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

yep that's the thing bowling in forfeit situation, it's all you and your team. You just got to bowl usually within 10 pins of your average to win, but that can turn out to be pretty hard some times if you don't look out.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    yep that's the thing bowling in forfeit situation, it's all you and your team. You just got to bowl usually within 10 pins of your average to win, but that can turn out to be pretty hard some times if you don't look out.
    That's what my teammate told me about bowling within 10 pins of my average. Right now I have a 166 average and I was having trouble bowling at least a 156 game. When I have one of those lousy nights I say to myself I know I can bowl better then this. What is up with this crap tonight? Luckily the last game of 197 with no opens cheered me up. At least we took two games and series. The thing that bothers me is sometimes it takes me too long to figure out the lanes. On a good night sometimes it feels that there is a track on the lane that my ball falls into on every shot and gets strikes easily. I like it when both alleys are tracking the same for me.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

One, I hate bowling against a blind.
    Two, I find that it helps to enter the score you have to beat so there is a reminder letting you know if you’re getting behind.
    Three, I hate bowling against a blind.
    p.s. did I mention that I hate bowling against the blind?
    John

High Roller

Yeah ours was within 10 of your average. Our team average was 936 (5 of us). First game we had 3 of us over 200, second game we had 3 over 200 but the third game we only had 1 over 200. In reality most of us blew it game 3 but I was awful all night so take the blame.