Thread: Good luck charms and rituals

Chats: 0

Default Good luck charms and rituals

Do you carry a good luck charm in your pocket or bowling bag? How about rituals on or before bowling night? Do you do something unusual before you throw a shot?

I did this more as a youth bowler. In high school we had foundry in metals class. I made this giant penny in the foundry. It was just cheep steel but I painted it copper. Pennies are supposed to good luck so I kept this in my bowling bag for years.

As far as rituals all I can remember was the night before kids league I'd make sure all my equipment was fresh and clean plus I would lay out my "bowling outfit" for the morning. That was my bowling shirt with my name and bowling patches I won, black pants, a specific pair of socks and various jewelry. LOL I'd get up, shower, clean my glasses and I was ready to hit the lanes! Yeah I probably looked like a dork to outsiders but a lot of kids on my league also had specific bowling outfits. He it was the 80's cut me some slack!

On the approach I don't think I do anything unusual. I wipe my ball, check my shoe bottoms for anything that shouldn't be there. I usually blow hot air on my thumb, line up, look at my mark and off I go.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

"Funny Bowling Rituals"
    http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...owling-Rituals

"Superstitions"
    http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/20813-Superstitions

Here, some of the best in the world share their bowling superstitions.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Prior to getting to the Ball return i don't anything in particular. My routine starts once I pick up my ball. I wipe it down a certain way and stop at a certain point. As I step up on the approach I first step with my left foot and give a very small slide back and forth then step completely up. From there's it's get set and bowl. If someone is taking too long or I have to wait any extended time after I go though my pre shot, I start over with wiping the ball. Do the same routine before every strike shot whether it's the first ball or the 12th. Spare shots are slightly different. I just wipe the area around the holes to get any excess oil off from transferring to my hand.

There's another guy in my league that will take each shot as a different from even the 3 strikes in the 10th. When he makes it to the 10 on strikes he will come back after each strike to get a drink of beer.