Thread: Strongest low RG ball for oil is?

Chats: 0

Default Strongest low RG ball for oil is?

Looking to purchase a low RG heavy oil ball. Would appreciate help in what would be the best choice? High rev, medium speed.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Lane Masters has a couple good ones that Lane Side Reviews has reviewed. They mention the Pandemic as being high RG but its actually on the upper end of Low RG. The Armageddon is high RG though but reads sooner.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley1994 View Post
    Looking to purchase a low RG heavy oil ball. Would appreciate help in what would be the best choice? High rev, medium speed.
    With high revs and medium speed, you need to be careful not to go too low on the RG. Personally, I'd stay right around 2.50-2.51, but not below 2.50. Rev/Speed dominance is the major factor dictating a range of useable RG's in my opinion.

Pin Crusher

Personally have the Storm Sure Lock (2.48). Nasty in high oil, and could end up getting away from you after transition, w/OOB condition. I ended up polishing mine, and it's perfect for me in high oil. Have only had to ball down once in the past 6-8 weeks with it, and that was when the manager said they went light that night.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Bowler

I have a Columbia300 swerve that fits this bill. I’m told the Lit is the closest to this out of their newer line. Low RG high diff asymm core and a matte finish. What balls fit that bill? I want one too