Thread: Who's in the West Burbs

Default Who's in the West Burbs

I'm brand new to the West Suburbs. When I used to bowl out here as a kid it was at Lombard Lanes but they are gone. I didn't see that coming. I've shot over at Fox Bowl so far and it seem like a nice house and they have sports leagues. I've been inside Wheaton Bowl which was like stepping into Peebody & Sherman's "Way Back Machine" but I didn't bowl there. I would though, I just went past figured I'd check it out.

There are several houses very close within about 15-20 minutes. Right now after 10yrs I'm back to it. I'm not on a league because it's past mid season and I'd rather start fresh. Plus I need to put together a fresh arsenal because what I have is junk. Normally I don't do summer leagues but I might just to get back into it full swing. Anyone around here? I wouldn't mind having a practice partner or possibly shoot in a doubles tourney or some low level pot games for the fun of it. I know nobody around here and I'd rather not get slapped on a random team. Although that can work out well, I'd prefer to join with people I know. It's only Feb so there is plenty of time. Chime in if your interested.

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

I'm so far in the west suburbs that it's actually quiet, peaceful, and low traffic around here. That means that I'm actually not in the west suburbs.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

LOL Yeah then you are "Far West Burbs" No traffic around here means it only takes 10 minutes to pull out of my subdivision

That also probably means to come here to bowl with me would be too long of a drive

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

I live 40 minutes from the West suburbs, actually. I consider ten minutes a long way to get to a bowling alley because I live 2 minutes away from one center and 5 minutes away from the next.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Yeah that's a definite NO then for you coming east. LOL Who knows, once I get hot and heavy in the tournaments I may end up out by you at some point. Once I get things rolling I plan on hitting every tournament I can find like I did in the old days. I used to travel all over the place. When I was 14 I bowled in Maine, New York and Niagra Falls for different youth tournaments. When I got older I went to the ABC's in Vegas once and another in Florida but I don't remember what it was called. So although I have several houses very close to home, 40 minutes to your lanes wouldn't phase me.