Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Change Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    If I recall correctly from one of your previous posts, you have a 14# spare ball and another 14 that you used to use two-handed. I would suggest going with 14 lbs so you’re not changing weight on spare shots.

The down side to using a ball that is too light for you is not lack of pin carry. Modern bowling balls with reactive resin coverstocks carry quite well in lighter weights. The real risk is that you will get in the habit of “throwing” the ball instead of letting it swing. Without seeing you bowl, there is no way of judging if this will be a problem for you.

P.s. I’m 5’8”, 162 lbs, and have been using 15lb balls since I was 16 years old and weighed about 120lbs.
    Hey John I’m back! Here’s a link of me bowling at my local alley! I think I bowl 5 frames. Don’t mind my friend I went bowling with him. I’m in the wearing shorts. https://youtu.be/-0LutT_0rmc

My approach is all off mostly likely, but yeah just review it. Tell me what you think! All advice welcome. I just want to improve my game!!

Bowler
    Chats: 0

This is one thing I am curious about. When changing weights, should you try to match diff and RGs from your old weight? For example if you throw a 14 lb with RG of 2.45 and Diff of 0.500 should you try to get a 15 lb ball that matches those specs if you want to have the same sort of motion? Or do you want a different diff to account for less speed and revs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12