Thread: Brunswick Tzone or Storm Mix

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Default Brunswick Tzone or Storm Mix

I have 4 hours to order a bowling ball amd those are the two options. I want a ball for bone dry lanes. Like they haven't oiled for 3 weeks. But I throw 17mph with 450 revs. Which one will can I use most effectivly? Not for spares but for strikes. Please help!

I will be sitting on this page for the next 4 hours.

Bump

Bump

Imagine they haven't oiled for three weeks. I throw 17mph with 450 revs. I need something that will send the pins flying with consistency. I like to play outside and I'm right handed. It is down to these two and these two only. Big tournament coming up and I need this option. Polyester(Tzone) or Urethane(mix). Please and thank you I have three hours to order so please respond quickly.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 02-05-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by wannabepro View Post
    Imagine they haven't oiled for three weeks. I throw 17mph with 450 revs. I need something that will send the pins flying with consistency. I like to play outside and I'm right handed. It is down to these two and these two only. Big tournament coming up and I need this option. Polyester(Tzone) or Urethane(mix). Please and thank you I have three hours to order so please respond quickly.
    With a speed of 17mph and 450 rpm, you are rev dominant. I think the Mix would definitely start reading too early. Even the T-Zone might want to hang a left too soon, but it’s probably the better choice.

You didn’t ask this but, if you reall want to be a pro bowler, you have to learn to let each lane tell you where to play it. You may be very good playing the outside, but if that is not where the best line is, the smarter bowlers are going to thank you for donating to the prize fund.
    John

Chats: 32

If the lanes truly haven't been oiled in 3 weeks no one is going to shoot well. those that have high speed and less hand are going to have an advantage. If it's just that where you want to play is low oil the other players will move to find it and eat your lunch. Something like a Brunswick Fanatic BTU or something urethane might be called for drier conditions if it gets to the point of everyone just throwing spare balls it doesn't matter which one your using at that point it just about accuracy and luck.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Cranker

You could try something like a Hammer Spare ball. It has he black widow core but is Polyester that may be the best option for you. Although, as John said, if you really wanna be a pro then you're going to have to add some versatility and learn to play other parts of the lane.

Bowler

why not something like this?

https://www.bowlingball.com/products...only-1299.html

Like J Anderson mentioned the Mix (or any urethane) is going to move with your rev rate. I've seen enough TZones to know they can turn over.

if they haven't been oiled in 3 weeks, does that mean they also have not been stripped? probably majority of the oil left is under the pins. get a 12 pounder plastic and throw a helicopter ball