Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally some good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    No I have never met Aslan. I've only been here just over a month and from what I can tell he hasn't posted for a few months. I have read hundreds of his posts so I get the joke.

He may not have many posts of late, but Aslan is always here. Trust me.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Tough break! By the looks of it there are plenty of bowling places not too far from where you're at. I guess I could have fun just stopping by in some of these places just to see what's going and what's not. My wife and I were looking a cars a couple of years ago out near Elmhurst and Car Max. We took a break and walked up to Hillside Lanes right down the street. It looked pretty nice from the outside and walked in. The lanes were all busy with leagues that afternoon and the place looked like it was in really good shape. I don't think I'll be going back there any time soon though.

Chats: 0

Hillside is another one, it's probably 10 minutes farther than Lisle if that. I'll put it on the list. Funny how many are around even though a lot have closed. What did we say like 5-6 in the past 10 yrs.? Lets just hope that trend doesn't continue.

Lets try this again. I got called from the PSO at the place I first thought I had a job at. He hooked me up. He called his friend at another bowling alley and I went there for an interview tonight. A little more involved because I'll be also working in the bar (new experience for me) plus counter & pin chasing.

After talking for a while to the boss he thinks I would be a good fit to train as the mechanic. The guy they have is ready to retire and he wants someone for that. He took me back to introduce me and to check out the equipment. I'm all for it. From what they said AMF mechanics are harder to come by. They don't have Brunswick, the old B-2's. Little more electric than mechanical. Plus they have all wood lanes, hard to find these days. I think it went very well so I'm optimistic, I'll find out the verdict tomorrow.

On a side note, I stopped by the first place to thank the PSO guy for helping me out. He took my ball from me and it's already plugged, he did it in front of my eyes and will be ready on Thursday. It's not a new ball still the 16lb but it's something in the meantime. Plus he already fixed the thumb of my blue Hammer. I should be good to go until I can finally figure out my arsenal. It will be nice to throw a ball with nice soft grips that fit again. I can't wait to try it out.

Wish me luck

Ringer

hope all goes well, will be awaiting the verdict.

IT'S OFFICIAL! I GOT IT! They were very interested. It would be easier to say what I won't be doing rather than what I will be. I won't be a porter and taking out trash, other than that everything else. They care a lot about family.. My kids bowl free, me and wife 50 cents a game. They would even allow me to bring the kids if I had to while I work. Plenty for them to do aside from bowling. They have a game room, pool tables, live bands and a movie theater (free movies) so this is ideal. I go in Monday for paperwork, drug test blah blah blah. On the schedule a week from Friday.
    I have to cut my long hippie hair off but I really could care less.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    IT'S OFFICIAL! I GOT IT! They were very interested. It would be easier to say what I won't be doing rather than what I will be. I won't be a porter and taking out trash, other than that everything else. They care a lot about family.. My kids bowl free, me and wife 50 cents a game. They would even allow me to bring the kids if I had to while I work. Plenty for them to do aside from bowling. They have a game room, pool tables, live bands and a movie theater (free movies) so this is ideal. I go in Monday for paperwork, drug test blah blah blah. On the schedule a week from Friday.
    I have to cut my long hippie hair off but I really could care less.

Congrats again!!! This sound like a better gig than the first one so it all worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Congrats again!!! This sound like a better gig than the first one so it all worked out.
    Thanks again! Everything happens for a reason. Yeah it is, plus the manager is a lot cooler than the other guy. I will get along very well with him. He's a great guy. I forgot to mention, I will be able to coach here too and it's not voluntary like the other place. Here the bowling alley also pays the coach as well. They will pay for all the certification fees for me as far as I'd like to go, bronze, silver, gold whatever. A lot of perks to say the least, I'm gonna love it.

High Roller

Awesome! I told you after the last one fell through that it would all work out. I have a lot of answers and once in awhile one is right...lol. Great news and I bet your son is as excited as you are.

Yep, they all just got home and I broke the news. My son wanted to go bowling tonight LOL It's official but I think we will wait until I actually start working there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast