Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally some good news!

Chats: 0

Default Finally some good news!

Just for kicks, I stopped at one of the local lanes today to check the place out that I haven't been to in 30yrs. It wasn't bad, 34 lanes and fairly up to date. It's a little dark in there for my taste but overall not bad. I didn't bowl, just a passing by type of thing. As it turns out, I walked out of there with a job! Working the counter, pin chasing and they will train me to be a mechanic. In addition, bowling coach! I'm not certified but it's definitely something I had plans on doing anyway. This will be great. Maybe not the most glamorous or highest paying job for many but for me it's much better than what I've found in months. Plus, unlike many of my previous jobs I will enjoy this one. The best part is, I can bowl all I want for free! Off work hours of course.

Nice! Congrats on the new job!
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Cranker

That's great congrats. I've been thinking about trying to get a part time job at my local alley too.

Thank you, I appreciate it. It's been a long road. The job market sucks. The last place I worked I was the only one that wasn't a felon (not kidding) and that spoke English as my first language. Again not kidding. Illinois is one of the most difficult states to find work. It's all either temp work or low paying contract work. At least at my age without any college degrees. 23yrs experience in telecom including management didn't help squat. All the telecom companies out here have low pay, require insane travel out of state and no company vehicle. The last offer I got, I would have made more at McDonalds. The pay was higher but using my Tahoe, just the gas alone would have used 1/2 my paycheck. Not to mention wear and tear, hotel rooms blah blah blah. I think the bowling alley is great. Plus I don't have to say "Paper or Plastic?" or "Would you like fries with that?". I'll find out the pay and such tomorrow night but whatever it is, it's better than the $0 I'm getting now and it's right down the road. I'm gonna enjoy it.

High Roller

Awesome news. But hey, there may be the occasion when you have to 'test drive' the pin setter? A few frames just to be sure it works right? And on company time...lol. Again, awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Awesome news. But hey, there may be the occasion when you have to 'test drive' the pin setter? A few frames just to be sure it works right? And on company time...lol. Again, awesome news!
    Good point! My kids already asking to go there and bowl LOL Thanks bud

Congrats. Thanks for letting me read some good news, today.

Quote Originally Posted by jaypeesmith View Post
    Congrats. Thanks for letting me read some good news, today.
    My pleasure. It's nice to see that the light at the end of the tunning isn't an oncoming freight train for a change.

Chats: 256

Congrats!!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Sound very exciting Phonetek, they say if you can make a living with what your passionate about you'll never work a day in your life! Mine is eating, can't seem to find a job that will pay you to eat hmm maybe food critic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast