Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally some good news!

Chats: 0

Thanks. I think what actually helped which I didn't mention is that he remembered me from when I was a kid. He worked at a different house that's gone now that I used to frequent. He was a partner that the pro shop in that place. When I mentioned his partner and that I bought that 9P Original Yellow Dot from him, and that he gave me free coaching, it clicked who I was. He knew my older sister too, her deceased ex-husband and her second deceased ex-husband. Wow that sounds bad. Anyone wanna be #3 she's single? Just kidding. Anyway, after that whole conversation it was a lock. It seems that even after all these years I can't walk into a bowling alley without running into someone I know. Kinda cool

Quote Originally Posted by yetigreg View Post
    Sound very exciting Phonetek, they say if you can make a living with what your passionate about you'll never work a day in your life! Mine is eating, can't seem to find a job that will pay you to eat hmm maybe food critic.
    How about a chef? You can be like Chef Ramsay from Hell's Kitchen. Angrily smash food, scream and insult everyone then get paid wheel barrows of money for doing it. LOL Actually, culinary was my first choice for a career but the school I was going to go to shut down the year I was going to go so I never did it. Telecom just happened, wasn't even on my list.

Congratulations!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Wow! A congrats from the big guy on the site. I'm honored, thank you!

Ringer

Very cool, sounds like it is right up your ALLEY

OHHHH SNAP! Badum bump! Oh no, here come the puns! LMAO " Thanks bdpeters =)

Well....Being that this is the internet being honest with people isn't a necessity and you can bs people all you want. I could have kept this quiet and nobody would have been the wiser. However, that's not my style. I can't live a lie even on the web. I went in to talk to the boss today about this job. As it turns out, he had a pin chaser leave a few weeks who left because he moved. He wanted to hire a guy to fill the gap. The past couple weeks he's given his other two guys more hours to cover. They are apparently happy with the extra hours including the overtime.
    He said leagues will be winding down in a couple months so hiring someone else wouldn't be his best option. I tried my best, told him I'd do whatever he needed done. Teach me to fix the pinsetters, porter, oil the lanes, spray bowling shoes or wipe down house balls I don't care. He said if I wait until August he'd hire me in a second. After a lengthy conversation he left me with "I'm not saying yes but I'm not saying no either, I need time to think about it" I did ask him and I said to not take me as a smarta$$ but if you didn't need a pin chaser then why the "Help wanted Pin Chaser" sign on the doors? He said he didn't realize they were still there.
    I did see the guy I talked to last night after I talked to the boss. He asked me how it went and I filled him in. He was just as shocked as I was. He said to call him tomorrow as he was gonna go talk to the boss to see if he can influence him some. He felt so bad because he figured it was a no brainer and he apologized for getting my hopes up. I assured him it was all good it wasn't his fault. He said if I need any work done on my equipment done, no charge. I wouldn't do that, I'd just shove the money in a hole of the measuring ball when is isn't looking. So, I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what happens. I have nothing to lose.

So to sum it up, I'm expecting a "no" in the end at least until August. I think he felt to guilty to come out and say it but I can read the writing on the wall. At one point I was making 90k+ a year as a tech. I've lost many opportunities far better than this and squandered others and never gave it a second thought. Realistically speaking, this is a bowling alley....why the hell am I so upset and disappointed about this?

I figured I'd be truthful and say how it turned out rather than continue to get congratulations for something that didn't happen. I don't have a good of memory as I used to, it's easier to remember truth than it is to keep track of lies because they never end with one. Plus I'd rather be known as a stand up guy over a bs'er, plenty of them around already. Don't worry though everyone, there is 3 other bowling alleys within the same distance I can try after this mega snow storm is over. I haven't given up yet.

Wow, have you met Aslan?

You two would put together a killer montage!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    Wow, have you met Aslan?

You two would put together a killer montage!

No I have never met Aslan. I've only been here just over a month and from what I can tell he hasn't posted for a few months. I have read hundreds of his posts so I get the joke.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by phonetek View Post
    no i have never met aslan. I've only been here just over a month and from what i can tell he hasn't posted for a few months. I have read hundreds of his posts so i get the joke.
    That made me LOL!!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast