Well, since I haven't seen a review on this one yet, figured I'd throw one out there.

Storm Pitch Black
14lbs.
Layout: 5" x 4" x 2"
Surface: OOB

What I expected: When I called up my driller (Max Shellabarger at Hill AFB), I explained to him that I was getting a wet/dry reaction on pretty much everything I threw in my home center, and I needed something to help me get a bit further outside of all of that and still retain some energy. I noticed a few months prior to getting this ball that he had it sitting on a shelf. I had the idea that the pitch black was going to be the ball of choice to make this happen. Basically, a step down from my Hot Cell with a similar layout.

What I received: The first night I bowled with this ball was during a drop in league, which takes place after a 4-person mixed league. The lanes tend to be pretty fried by the time we get on them. I pulled this thing out, got a feel for it, and it did EXACTLY what I had wanted it to do. I was able to play further outside of everyone else and really open up the break point by the end of the set. Being that my Hot Cell is asymmetric and the Pitch Black is symmetric, with a similar layout on both, when my hot cell gets a bit jumpy off of the break point, the pitch black smooths it out and is a great compliment.

Conclusion: I'm still a believer that a tournament bowler should have a urethane ball in their bag at all times. Being that this is now my 3rd urethane ball (Hot Cell, Pitch Blue **horrible ball btw**), I have gained an understanding as to what to expect from them. They are a great addition to any arsenal. The pitch black is a bit smoother reaction than that of the Hot Cell. If you are looking for a ball for the burn in a tournament or even when the lanes start to break down in your weekly league, I definitely suggest picking one of these up.