Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big snow storm

Chats: 2

It's been pretty mild here across I-80 in Wyoming this year. I work for a Volvo Truck shop and it's been slow as it hasn't even been cold really. Windy yes, cold and snow, not so much.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by yetigreg View Post
    I remember back in 1967 when my dad had to drop me out the top of our front storm door window so I could clear the snow to open it. My dad had a 1964 willy's jeep and helped clear a path for the rest of the block to get out with their cars. All the neighbors came out to help but the first thing they did was construct a snow bar to keep everyone hydrated lol, the good ole days.
    It's almost 11am, it's been snowing since 6pm last night and so far it look pretty darn close to a foot so far. It's still steadily coming down. 1967 was a few years before my time but I was around for the 78 one. I think it was 78 wasn't it? 75,76 or 78 I don't remember. What I do remember is that our family room picture window was completely under snow and we were jumping out our bedroom windows on the 2nd floor plunging into the drifts. We made huge tunnels in them all over the yard. Not exactly the safest thing to do if they happened to collapse but as kids who thinks about that? We had a blast! Sadly, I doubt this will turn into that and none of my kids have any desire to have anything to do with the snow. It's a different time. To them, it's video game day!

Ringer

we have had one of the mildest winters I can remember here in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by bdpeters View Post
    we have had one of the mildest winters I can remember here in Utah.
    Just for that, I'm going to FedEx a big snowball to Utah and have instructions for the driver to pelt you with it LOL
    I've already heard from my sister in Las Vegas telling me how beautiful and warm it is there. Plus her comment "Sucks to be you" Next time she comes to town I'm gonna have some snow saved in the freezer so I can white wash her like the good old days when we were kids.

We haven't really had any real significant snow fall for quite some years. Enough to be a pain but we do tend to get those 3 weeks in a row of -0 weather snaps every year. All and all we could have gotten much worse.

SandBagger

Based on what I see sitting on top of my mailbox we got about 4 inches. Roads are clear.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

It must be missing you then. WAY more than that here and it's still coming down steady. Wifey said roads are a mess

SandBagger

Actually, it was closer to eight inches. A lot of it must have fallen off/blown off the mail box, or perhaps dropped when the mail man opened it.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

LOL, Well it seems to have nearly stopped but now they are calling for a butt load more tomorrow and possibly sunday. I don't know the scientific measurement is of a butt load but I'll let you know when it's done.

Pin Crusher

We got close to a foot that ended about 8 last night. Expect 1-3 today and 1-3 tomorrow. We did not cancel bowling last night and did not have but a few bowlers missing.

NEVER miss bowling! Miss work, doctors appointments, school, your wedding or whatever but NEVER miss bowling! I'd tunnel out of here if I had to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast