Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Might get somre practice in tomorrow.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Very true. There's a guy in my league with a huge beer gut averaging 222. My guess is, if he lost weight quickly, it would affect his game in a negative way at least temporarily.
    I was recently watching an old PBA from the 80's with my son on Youtube and Mark Roth was a pretty big dude in the early days then he lost a ton of weight pretty quickly. I remember Chris Shankel saying because of the weight loss Mark lost some speed and revs. Judging how is career went, it didn't seem to hurt all that much but it did have an effect on his game. LOL

High Roller
    Chats: 0

I had always used a 16 lb ball but now hearing nobody uses a 16 lb'er anymore I bought a 15. I have a Storm Sync 16 pounder that I used a few times this year and throw it about 1 MPH slower than the 15 pounder. I am 6'0 265 lbs so doesn't take much to overpower a bowling ball.

As for Mark Roth, he ran our local center right around the time I dropped out in 2002. Even being big into bowling I had no idea who he was. With no internet or youtube there were only a few bowlers I had ever heard of. A local bowler/businessman bought our local bowling alley and somehow got with Mark Roth and they made a deal for Mark to run it. They had a new sign made up that said Mark Roths Hall of Fame Lanes or some iteration of that. I ran/coached the local youth league and was there every Saturday and talked to him frequently. He gave me a few tips and I watched him bowl a few games but even after somebody told me he was a pro bowler I still didn't realize his impact on the game or how 'famous' he really was. Seemed like a nice guy for the 6 months or so that I knew him. Something happened with the deal and Mark left and went back to New Jersey and the bowling alley closed down shortly after that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123