Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Might get somre practice in tomorrow.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

and one more:

[/VIDEO]

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Your falling off the shot a lot (The hop left), your balance is off.

Avoid Falling Off Your Shot with Proper Bowling Balance

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Tips for Bowling: Achieving a Balanced Finish Position | USBC Bowling Academy

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

High Roller

Thanks. Makes sense. I think it is partially me being overweight and not very flexible and that I can't extend my right arm out to help with my balance. Going to go back through the videos to see what I did differently on my good shots

EDIT: also noticed that i was stopping a good 18-24" before the foul line. I moved up about a foot for my starting point
    Last edited by boatman37; 02-10-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Thanks. Makes sense. I think it is partially me being overweight and not very flexible and that I can't extend my right arm out to help with my balance. Going to go back through the videos to see what I did differently on my good shots

EDIT: also noticed that i was stopping a good 18-24" before the foul line. I moved up about a foot for my starting point

Being overweight really it's much of a factor in bowling. Flexibility helps though. One of the great things about this game is in general every body type can do it short, tall, fat, skinny and even people in wheel chairs. (Sounds like an old Armour Hot Dogs commercial) Now being morbidly obese in the extreme may cause problems but they usually have trouble getting upright let alone bowling but your not even remotely close to anything like that.
    Once you are able to get your timing down, you will be balanced and you'll be able to post your shot. After that happens, everything will fall into place. The first time you do it, you will feel the difference. Before long it will come natural.

High Roller

Just went back and watched them again. Looks like I hopped in almost every shot and even the ones I didn't hop I still sidestepped. Probably explains why my knee has been sore. 265 lbs coming down on my one knee about 50 times a night has to have an effect. Another thing is I would like to slow my ball down a little but am having a hard time. Shoulder and elbow probably would appreciate that too...lol

It's amazing the things you do that you don't realize until you see yourself on video isn't it?

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    It's amazing the things you do that you don't realize until you see yourself on video isn't it?
    Yeah really. If you would have asked me I would have said I hopped a couple of times. Never realized it was EVERY time. Definitely a balance issue. A fellow bowler said a few weeks ago that I was rolling my left shoulder over or something.

Chats: 55

I, by no means, have any right to comment on this post - not being coach material; but the things I would question based on my knowledge of reading and from my own coaches over the years:

Appears the ball may be too light for you. I don't recall reading the weight you are using. Seems to be some muscling the ball involved. If you can pick the ball up with your fingers, stand in your stance for that long, I would think a coach would question the weight, or at least what appears to be a lack of a relaxed arm. Could help the elbow/shoulder discomfort.

The hop is definitely an issue, and falling off the shot will sometimes create some elbow/shoulder discomfort and tiredness.

Someone on here once posted something about humming while you deliver the approach to tell if you are truly using too much muscle. I tried it right after that, cause I thought there was no way I could be muscling my ball, but yep....I certainly was. And if I had listened to my elbow and shoulder, I would have known that on my own.

Good luck in getting where you want to be.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Being overweight really it's much of a factor in bowling.
    Very true. There's a guy in my league with a huge beer gut averaging 222. My guess is, if he lost weight quickly, it would affect his game in a negative way at least temporarily.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast