Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flare variance between two balls

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    This sounds like my league. Filthy lanes, pins are water logged / dead, they only strip once a month to the pins (not to the end) so you see pins sliding instead of falling (had a 6 pin end up in the 7 position last week) and of course sticky and gross all over to the point we have had people jam their knee on their approach and fall head first into the lane.

I wish I had a more “modern” house for a league home for sure. But the averages play out. Top 5 averages range from 150-165. Have had maybe 5 200 games all season between 32 bowlers and we are in week 7.

I invite anyone to come out. Don’t care what your average is. $100 says you can’t get a 600 series.
    Sounds like the proprietor has given up on the place. That's sad

Cranker

Too many league bowlers now a day just complain about lane conditions and don't acknowledge how easy the THS really is. A good majority don't even understand how the oil is laid out and get upset when they don't carry Brooklyns.

I can't tell you how often during the season, I hear the lanes are flooded, the lanes are too dry, the lanes hook too much, the lanes don't hook enough and how they complain the lane guy doesn't know what he's doing. And instead of people adjusting to what the lanes are telling them, they just keep trying to throw up 10 and think they should strike every time.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I would love to start a campaign to stop describing lanes as wet or dry. I bowl with some one who gets to the alley very early, watches the pair that we will be bowling on, and/or asks people from those lanes how the condition are. Invaiably I walk in and get told one of four things:
    The lanes are dry.
    The lanes are wet.
    One lane is dry and the other is very dry.
    One lane is wet and the other is very wet.

In reality, he is only describing the track area, and given the tendency for bowlers misinterpreting a ball that reads too early and rolls out as a sign of too much oil, this info may or may not be correct and is only slightly helpful.

Unfortunately such a campaign would be even less sucessful than RobM’s fight to stop calling balls “strong” or “weak.”
    John

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Too many league bowlers now a day just complain about lane conditions and don't acknowledge how easy the THS really is. A good majority don't even understand how the oil is laid out and get upset when they don't carry Brooklyns.

I can't tell you how often during the season, I hear the lanes are flooded, the lanes are too dry, the lanes hook too much, the lanes don't hook enough and how they complain the lane guy doesn't know what he's doing. And instead of people adjusting to what the lanes are telling them, they just keep trying to throw up 10 and think they should strike every time.
    some get upset that they leave a 7 or 10 when they smash the head pin. (always with throwing their arms up like come on). its funny to watch but frustrating when they string 4 or 5 strikes together

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Sounds like the proprietor has given up on the place. That's sad
    they are more focused on the "night club" portion of the lanes. (they tore out 20 of the 30 lanes to build a stage and bar). we only have it there because we are unorganized and always start league in January.

That's terrible, it should have been the other way around. Apparently they have no love for the sport just catering to the drunks. God knows no matter what town you live in drunks and bars are always hard to find. You can almost swing a cat by the tail without smack one with it on any given weekend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123