Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If only throwing 1 ball which one?

This sounds good to me. Now to figure out which ball. Too many choices nowadays. Ha.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Truth is I wouldn't spend a huge amount of time worrying about shooting the corners with the strike ball. Buy a good medium ball and bowl with it some guys flatten their wrist and have enough speed to make it work some don't if you don't you'll figure it out quickly a spare ball is only about 60-80 dollars if its an issue buy one later.
    See if I am using something other than a spare ball for the 10 I am not using speed, I’m using the lack of oil on the end boards. Flatten it and throw it nice and slow as if you’re going gutter about 5 feet before the pin. As long as you don’t over power it the ball will catch the lane and ride down. It’s actually a detriment to get into this habit once you start throwing on sport shorts though.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc82 View Post
    See if I am using something other than a spare ball for the 10 I am not using speed, I’m using the lack of oil on the end boards. Flatten it and throw it nice and slow as if you’re going gutter about 5 feet before the pin. As long as you don’t over power it the ball will catch the lane and ride down. It’s actually a detriment to get into this habit once you start throwing on sport shorts though.
    Yeah can kill you there and even on some different house shots is you bowl different places. Best thing to do is get a spare ball but time and money kills most ills lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Well urethane is out. Threw one the other night and even moving all the way to the left it still went Brooklyn. Guessing my ball speed is just too slow for that.

SandBagger

Wood lanes or synthetic? I find that urethane grabs more on wood. Also, not every urethane is the same. I have a 900 Global Boo Yah and it will take off on me if I throw too slowly, but my Motiv Tank won't.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Good points. Wood lane with an old hammer.

SandBagger

Quote Originally Posted by yodes View Post
    Good points. Wood lane with an old hammer.
    Last time I bowled on wood lanes I ended up using a T-Zone.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123