Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have different bags for different alleys?

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    If you have the money to buy a bunch of different bags you can do that. Otherwise I've seen 6 ball roller bags. For my tastes (at least for the foreseeable future) that seems excessive. That's 90lbs (15x6) in bowling balls by itself! LOL If you know a certain ball or a couple balls work well at a certain place another option would be getting a locker at that establishment. I've always had a 2 ball roller and if I thought I needed a 3rd I'd throw one in a sling/see-saw and carry it in that way. Currently I have my eye a nice 3 ball roller but I'm wondering if I should just pop for the 4 ball. I swear, making all these decisions is a pain. I've had less contemplation about buying used cars.
    I bought this Hammer 4 ball roller. Real nice. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Chats: 256

The 4 ball stackable bags are certainly more to deal with in a center. Not as mobile as a tote that's for sure. If the centers tight on a league night, you'll have a hard time maneuvering the bag though a crowd of people.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    I bought this Hammer 4 ball roller. Real nice. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Wow that thing looks massive LOL It is nice though, lots of storage. So on these behemoths it's the top bag that comes off I see. I love the zipper handles that look like little hammers, that's unique.

This should answer the OP pretty good with all these options out there.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    Does anyone have different bowling bags with different balls and other equipment they use for different alleys they have League at? Different alleys have different shots. Some ball’s don’t work as well as they usually do at different alleys. So with this case, do you have different bags for different alleys?
    Wow that thing looks massive LOL It is nice though, lots of storage. So on these behemoths it's the top bag that comes off I see. I love the zipper handles that look like little hammers, that's unique.

This should answer the OP pretty good with all these options out there.
    I think the answer to the original question is that most people don’t have a dedicated bag for each house they bowl. They either swap one or two balls out of the bag or bags, or they just ring every ball that they currently like to throw.
    Personaly, I bring four all the time. For a tournament, I might add one to give me another option.
    John

This is the one I'm considering but I have to save $ to get it http://bowlingballs.com/hammer-premi...on-bowling-bag
    FYI, that one is on sale at bowlingball.com with free shipping and no packaging fees: https://www.bowlingball.com/products...ackcarbon.html

Just to help save you a little $$$
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    FYI, that one is on sale at bowlingball.com with free shipping and no packaging fees: https://www.bowlingball.com/products...ackcarbon.html

Just to help save you a little $$$

How did that "s" get on the end of that? LOL I didn't realize it wasn't bowlingball.com. Thanks for the heads up, I'm not buying it just yet anyway. I just used the link to it to show which one I was talking about. I'll have to make sure when I am ready to that I get it from the proper website.

How did that "s" get on the end of that? LOL I didn't realize it wasn't bowlingball.com. Thanks for the heads up, I'm not buying it just yet anyway. I just used the link to it to show which one I was talking about. I'll have to make sure when I am ready to that I get it from the proper website.
    It's quite alright! Just looking out for all our fellow bowlers! That money saved can go towards paying for more games!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

SandBagger

If I feel that I need something different, I just swap balls and hope I made the right choice because I can't drive back home during league to get something I left behind. Once in awhile I would drag five bowling balls with me, but now I always stick to four. I have a Columbia 300 two-ball roller, a single ball bag which I rest on top of it and a shoulder bag. It makes it quite easy to toss into the trunk, especially now that I dropped to 14 lbs.
    Averages: Right (THS):215 | Left (THS):175 | Sport:166 |High Game:300 | High Series:815
    Arsenal: Storm Tropical Storm, 900 Black Ops, Motiv Tank

Chats: 221

When I get back to bowling I have 2 bags set up. The 2 centers are night an day as far as equipment needed. So all I do is swap shoes back and forth and carry my spare ball i a add a bag
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 1

I never had different bags for different alleys, however when I bowled on a harder synthetic surface house, and wood lanes I would switch out one or two balls. Since I throw the ball fairly hard, I preferred having a couple of pin down drillings for the synthetic alley just to get into a roll slightly earlier.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast