I personally like all the information I can find. I use the "Advanced Search" for some items. Otherwise I look at new posts and keep track of my own. Another way I have found to just happen upon interesting threads to read when nothing else is going on is to go to the main page here. Scroll to the bottom and look at the "Who's Online" part. It will say something like "100 users online" 8 members and 92 guests. Obviously there really isn't 92 guest, the majority are some sort of bots from search engines or something.
Nonetheless, if you click on the "100 users online" it brings up a page or multiple that shows "Guest" is viewing thread "blah blah blah". My point is, they are all random threads on random subjects from every category throughout this forum. I found some amazingly information packed threads this way on things I never would have thought about. Sadly, the majority of the threads are from 2009-14 so it's pointless to respond to them but some are newer. When your done reading the thread just hit "back" and then refresh to a new list. Only bad thing is, many have pics, video's and links that are dead because of their age.
It certainly proves that this board was pretty hoping for quite some time. It also proves there are a lot of bots. LOL At least they are serving some useful purpose. Figured I'd share, maybe it would help someone.