Thread: Wifey is jealous!

Chats: 0

Default Wifey is jealous!

Apparently wifey is seeing how much my son and I are enjoying bowling. Now suddenly she said she wants to go next weekend and in the summer join a womens or mixed league. She used to be quite a bowler early in our marriage and kept a steady 160-170 average. She threw a 15lb fingertip black Hammer and threw it well. Now she's had upper spine surgery, lower spine surgery and still has one to go. Plus arthritis in her hips and spinal stenosis. I'm not quite sure this is a wise course of action. I'd love to bowl on a mixed league with her again but I think she's taking a huge risk. NO WAY she can even think of using that 15lb ball.

Not so fast! If she is serious and is willing to take a couple of lessons to get her timing right, there's no reason that she can't bowl and bowl well (as long as she doesn't try to force an overly aggressive ball). If the timing is right, a 15 lb. ball won't put any more pressure on her back as long as she let's gravity do the work. Take it from one who has a spine that is, seemingly, made of potato chips! Have her talk to her doctor and see what he/she thinks. Talking from the other side of the fence, it drives me nuts when my wife tries to tell me to quit bowling, and golfing, for that matter. The key is to figure out how to do it in a way that it is not causing more damage, and doesn't hurt!

She can't hold it by her side for 2 seconds. May be mind over matter because I've seen her heaving some pretty heavy laundry baskets around the house but yet struggle with a gallon of milk. With her it's a long story. Do I think she's capable of still throwing that ball? Absolutely. Does she? No, she has doubts of a 10lb. I'm not sure about the lessons, I'd have to ask her. She has a nice 4 step, I'm not sure how much she will be able to bend after all this.

I think we would have a blast on a mixed league again after all these years. She stopped much sooner than I did. Like I said it was early in our marriage but after thinking about it I'm wondering if we were even married yet? It's gonna be 19 yrs of marriage this year. It would be a great "date night" for use if she can pull it off. God knows we need it. With 3 kids date nights are few and far between, usually only on our anniversary sometimes not always even then.

When I start tournaments and leagues again she will always come with to watch. I don't know if it's for support or to see if I get any payouts LOL Maybe to make sure I don't pick up any bowling alley bunnies?
    Last edited by Phonetek; 02-11-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Chats: 32

I understand that. My wife has had two spine surgery's degenerative disk disorder and some other stuff she throws a 15 lbs ball just fine. Have her talk with her doctor or a physical therapist first to make sure she's not likely to damage anything odds are the exercise is likely to do more good than harm.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I understand that. My wife has had two spine surgery's degenerative disk disorder and some other stuff she throws a 15 lbs ball just fine. Have her talk with her doctor or a physical therapist first to make sure she's not likely to damage anything odds are the exercise is likely to do more good than harm.
    I'll be sure to pass this on to her. I think she has a doc appointment coming up soon and she can discuss it with him.

Ringer

Sounds like discussing it with the doc is a wise move. Wish you and your wife the best
    Last edited by bdpeters; 02-12-2018 at 01:35 PM.