5500 LSP Polished Pearl Reactive
Ball Specs: Symmetric Core (Top Gear)
Layout 75 x 3.75 x 40

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 4-3/4 Over 1/4 up
Rev Rate 250. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed 18 off hand.

Review:
The New Motiv Venom Shock Pearl is the long awaited Pearl Shock people have been looking for. Motiv has wrapped the Hexion Pearl cover on the Top Gear core to provide easy length with a nice angular back end motion. Motiv felt that the dual density core provided a better back end than the original Shock core and you will not be disappointed. When I first took the Venom Shock Pearl (VSP) to the lanes I felt like it was not picking up quick enough. I had also heard of some staffers hitting the VSP with 2000 or 3000 to solve this issue. Wait before you change the surface! After a few different lines and releases to combat the length I noticed something odd. At about the end of game two the ball started to read earlier and hook more down lane. This effect continued until I had about 6 games on the ball and it is much better “broken in” than out of box. This is the first or second ball by Motiv that I ever felt needed a few games on it before we saw what it could do. My VSP hooks a bunch more now than out of box with no surface changes at all. I just clean it after every set. Let’s take about performance. The Venom Shock Pearl gets easy length with a nice predictable angular back end. This ball has great carry and excellent hit. The VSP will be a great ball to go to when the Original Shock is too strong or early. The Venom Shock Pearl drives through the pins with great continuation. The VSP fits just under my Shock but above the Tag Cannon. If you are a higher rev player or want to square up on medium to dry conditions this will be a good choice. I have not tested this ball on a lot of patterns but for our house shot, when I want to go a little straighter, or when bowling on dryer conditions this ball is excellent. The color is beautiful in person. It will definitely get noticed on the lanes and on the shelf.

Summary:
The Venom Shock Pear is a great ball for the price point.
The Pearl cover provides easy length and the Top Gear Core helps back end angle.
A great ball when the Original Shock is too strong.
If you missed out on a Panic, or like the Panic you will love this ball.

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Video link:
https://youtu.be/SaiH7012IRg

www.motivbowling.com