Thread: Disaster start to a high five finish......

Chats: 0

Default Disaster start to a high five finish......

On league night this past Saturday my first game was a mess. I couldn't find my line using my urethane ball and then my reactive ball. I must have had five opens and just spares with zero strikes. My second game started out the same way for the first five frames. The last five frames I went with my reactive ball and finally found my line. I had strikes and spares the rest of the way. The third game definitely lifted my spirits. I stayed with the same line as the last five frames of game two. I ended up with eight strikes, three spares and one open which gave me a 215 game. My second game was only a 157. I have a 166 average. In that last game my ball was coming off of my hand real good. It kept me relaxed the whole game. I just trusted my swing on every shot. There was a point where I had doubts that I would bowl any good games that night after the first disaster. Oh yeah, three of those 8 strikes in the last game were in the tenth frame. It must have been because of the confidence I had in that last game. A relaxed swing and a definite light grip on each shot helped also.

I think part of the problem was I was sore as hell from all of the snow shoveling I did since Thursday through Saturday. Plus my lower back went into spasm after leaning over to start my snow blower. Plus Thursday me and my partner bowled 4 practice games for our league night Saturday. My 71 year old muscles let me know they didn't like all of that activity. I was just glad that my lower back didn't go into extreme spasm where I wouldn't be able to bowl at all. Getting old sucks. At least I can still enjoy bowling. I am in half way decent shape for a 71 year old. I have 15 mph speed at the pins and I have no trouble posting up my shots. I really do enjoy bowling. I have been on this league for 32 years.
    Last edited by Hammer; 02-12-2018 at 03:21 PM.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.