Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help and advice on form

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I have also been studying on the 3 point targeting system where one subtract the pattern length with 31. However, I didnt really understand on where to focus my eyes on during the release of my ball. Can someone explain a little bit more on the system?
    You should read the Kegel article:
    Understanding 3 Point Targeting with Quiet Eye in 7 Easy Steps. By Rick Wiltse

http://www.kegel.net/inside-line/201...o5ennrk4tpicv0

and watch this video:

3-Point Targeting: Teen Masters Skill Experience video #7 in a series of 10 from the experts at the Kegel Training Center.
    With Rick Wiltse

Something to note also is that Slowinski in one of his articles about the system, said you are not limited to just using the pins on your lane as a focal point. You can use pins on the lanes next to you or the edge of the masking unit etc..

Also Rob is right the Exit point formula is geared more for sport type patterns, Also it doesn't work right on very short patterns.

Slowinski:
    The exit point provides guidance not absolutes.

(*) If the lane is hooking or has bump, you can play it like it is a shorter pattern. Wood will hook.... Old synthetic are sufficiently scratched enough to have a track. HPL will hook....

(*) Conversely, if the lane seems tight, move in and play it like a longer pattern.

And, general player characteristics will also apply.

(*) A speed dominant bowler needs to play the pattern like it is longer.

(*) A rev dominant bowler needs to play the pattern like it is shorter.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 02-18-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The "Rule of 31" is applied as a starting point for sport shots. Because of the uneven distribution of oil on a typical house shot, it does not work.
    Yes I do agree that it doesnt really work on house short due to the uneven distribution of oil. However, it still serves as a guideline for me to play better and to read the lane although it wont be as accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    You focus your eyes on the visual target from just before you start moving, and keep them focused there until your ball passes that point. At that time your focus should switch to watching what your ball does until it exits the pin deck.
    Okay, so I will have to focus my eyes on the arrow (my visual target) until my ball hit the target and then make sure that the ball move along the line until it reach the break point. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    You should read the Kegel article:
    Understanding 3 Point Targeting with Quiet Eye in 7 Easy Steps. By Rick Wiltse

http://www.kegel.net/inside-line/201...o5ennrk4tpicv0

and watch this video:

3-Point Targeting: Teen Masters Skill Experience video #7 in a series of 10 from the experts at the Kegel Training Center.
    With Rick Wiltse

Something to note also is that Slowinski in one of his articles about the system, said you are not limited to just using the pins on your lane as a focal point. You can use pins on the lanes next to you or the edge of the masking unit etc..

Also Rob is right the Exit point formula is geared more for sport type patterns, Also it doesn't work right on very short patterns.

Slowinski:
    The exit point provides guidance not absolutes.

(*) If the lane is hooking or has bump, you can play it like it is a shorter pattern. Wood will hook.... Old synthetic are sufficiently scratched enough to have a track. HPL will hook....

(*) Conversely, if the lane seems tight, move in and play it like a longer pattern.

And, general player characteristics will also apply.

(*) A speed dominant bowler needs to play the pattern like it is longer.

(*) A rev dominant bowler needs to play the pattern like it is shorter.
    Alright, I will take a look at this. Thank you so much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12