RG: 2.47
Factory Finish: 2000 Grit LSS Finish
Coverstock: Coercion HV2
Core: Predator V3
Differential: 0.055
Flare Potential: 7"+
Mass Bias Diff: 0.019
Core Type: Asymmetric

The Jackal Rising is the latest solid out of Muskegon, Michigan wrapped in the Coercion HV2 coverstock and a stronger asymmetric Predator V3 core, the increase in asymmetry and a smoother cover makes it ideal weaponry for heavy patterns and wet/dry conditions.
The Rising does offer a strong quantity of strength in the mid lane accompanied by a predictable ball motion down lane, make no mistake about it the Rising is very strong out of box so I would keep in mind how you intend to lay it out. A valuable quality about the Rising is that it blends the pattern well which makes it easy to read even in cases where I got it to the friction too early the ball motion was never unpredictable. Because the Rising is rather smooth it allows me to keep my angles closed and play further right longer than I would with that of the SS, and as the lanes open up it doesn’t disappoint in cornering.

Comparisons
In comparing the Jackal Rising to the Jackal Ghost in terms of hook the Rising is stronger whereas the Ghost is cleaner overall and responds quicker when it encounters friction, overall the Rising is the bigger ball between the two. Although the Forza SS has a comparable ball motion to the Rising it isn’t stronger than the Rising overall as it covers less boards and is smoother overall down lane, I consider the SS to be an excellent step down from the Rising should it become too big for the desired pattern.

The Jackal line continues to become stronger and stronger with each addition, currently the leader of the pack is the Jackal Rising. I can close my angles and play straighter on heavier patterns and successfully blend out wet/dry patterns with minimal issue. As a fan of the Revolt Havoc loving the Rising was second nature as the ball motion was similar in a sense of continuous roll, the difference being that the Havoc wasn’t as reasonable cornering the lane unlike the Rising. If you liked the Jackal Ghost I consider the Jackal Rising worthy of your time. Rise up and take what is yours.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C. White II
Motiv Staffer
WhyBowl Staffer
Mongoose Tape Staffer