Thread: Getting worse

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Default Getting worse

Man. Can't figure this out. Went out Friday afternoon for practice and did better than tonight. My normal mark is in between the first and second arrows but really struggle to get it out there. Not physically but definitely psychological. Keep pulling my arm across my body but when I throw at the second arrow I do much better at hitting my mark. Also noticed that a few times tonight I started singing on my approach and did better. That tells me I am overthinking it. That or maybe the fact that I am doing so bad. When I bowled before I was one of the top averages in our league (probably top 5). Now I am much closer to the bottom. Part of me thinks that I know I am better than what I am doing and try too hard to force things? Slowed my ball down towards the end of the second game and got more consistent but wasn't getting the carrys that I thought I should have.

Current average = 164. Next lowest on my team is about 177 so quite a gap. Tonight I rolled a 152, 141, and 177. Had 10 opens tonight...ugh

Chats: 0

From your video you posted you have a few things to work on. Once you get those ironed out you will get better, it won't happen over night. Have patience

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Man. Can't figure this out. Went out Friday afternoon for practice and did better than tonight. My normal mark is in between the first and second arrows but really struggle to get it out there. Not physically but definitely psychological. Keep pulling my arm across my body but when I throw at the second arrow I do much better at hitting my mark. Also noticed that a few times tonight I started singing on my approach and did better. That tells me I am overthinking it. That or maybe the fact that I am doing so bad. When I bowled before I was one of the top averages in our league (probably top 5). Now I am much closer to the bottom. Part of me thinks that I know I am better than what I am doing and try too hard to force things? Slowed my ball down towards the end of the second game and got more consistent but wasn't getting the carrys that I thought I should have.

Current average = 164. Next lowest on my team is about 177 so quite a gap. Tonight I rolled a 152, 141, and 177. Had 10 opens tonight...ugh
    You and me are pretty much in the same boat, no pun intended. Practice is the key. I remember I used to bowl almost every night. Even then I still fell short of 200 ave. So maybe I should not get down on myself and just keep working...... We bowled against the highest average bowler tonight, at 223. Yeah, he shot over 700. they killed us. Anyway.....