Core Type: Symmetric
Factory Finish: 5500 Grit LSP
Radius of Gyration (RG): 2.47 (15lb.)
Differential (DIFF): .034 (15lb.)
Core: Top Gear
Coverstock: Hexion MFP

Venom Shock Pearl (noun) : 1. The perfect complement to the Venom Shock Pearl which is one of the most popular Motiv balls created due to its versatility. 2. Weaponry that features the new Hexion cover and a dual density Top Gear weight block. 3. Weaponry that provides easy length and a fast response to friction and features the new Hexion MFP (Medium Friction Pearl) coverstock with a 5500 Grit LSP finish.

The Venom Shock Pearl out of box is very clean and that is because of the Hexion coverstock, I for one am I huge fan of the Hexion coverstock which is why outside of scientific purposes I keep mine at box. At box the Venom Shock Pearl is indeed an exact opposite of the Venom Shock from a ball motion stand point as the Venom Shock has more traction up front and a heavier roll to it, the Venom Shock Pearl is much cleaner through the front part of the lane not being as traction heavy out of box. I did apply surface to the VSP and that is when I found it to be a mirror image of the Venom Shock just in Hexion clothing, smooth traction is what I call it as I saw the ball pick up earlier but it wasn’t expending a lot of energy doing so. I feel that those that like to sit on top of the ball will apply surface to the VSP to make it more roll heavy and suitable for their needs, while those that do not may leave it at box.

The layout I went with was 40 x 4 50. I chose this layout because of how clean Hexion is I wanted a stronger layout to pair it with and I ended up getting more than what I asked for, I wanted big and smooth and I got giant and smooth. The VSP didn’t disappoint in the heavier oil however when I missed at the bottom of my swing (with the VSP at box) the Hexion cover is so clean that it will skate through the breakpoint, when I missed at the bottom of my swing with the VSP with surface (green scotch brite) it was a more giving as it would sit up. The Venom Shock Pearl is indeed a ball that does as advertised as with any weaponry made by Motiv.

If you have love for the Venom Shock
If you have love for the Hexion coverstock
If you love giving your opponents Shock Therapy
I encourage you to give the Venom Shock Pearl a look.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C. White II
Motiv Staff
Whybowl Staff
Mongoose Tape Staff