Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: playing inside lines

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Yeah, in that video I was playing my normal line around the 7 board. I just posted that to see what type of ball I roll. I don't have any video of me trying to throw inside. I did try it again tonight once but it barely caught the 2 and it took out the 4 and 7 with it so it never came back in. Wasn't trying hard to get it to work just tried it once in practice before leagues started.

On a good note, I did start getting solid pocket hits tonight with my normal line. Threw 5 strikes in a row the first game (213). Still need to get some practice time in though.

Ball speed was 'calculated' by timing it. From the time it hit the lane till it hit the head pin was anywhere from 2.2 to 2.3 seconds so the chart I found says about 18.5. We have speed sensors down lane and they read about 16.5 but who knows how accurate they are.

If those specs are accurate you end up slightly speed dominant. Your video is taken from the wrong side. Needs to be inline w/ your left armswing.
    How did you calculate speed & rev rate? I see you answered the speed here. Leaves rev rate ???? Most people are too generous w their rev rates!
    Last edited by imagonman; 02-21-2018 at 11:28 AM.

High Roller

For rev rate I put a piece of tape on my ball just above the finger holes and counted the revs down lane. It was hard to see so that is a 'guesstimate'. I counted about 11 rotations and the chart I looked at said about 325 RPM IIRC. I need to get a better look at it but that was the best I could get that day.

Here is another shot from the left side but it isn't very good either. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iG8ZPK8g8k

Here is another that is a little longer and maybe slightly better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uj0mYZsyGg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12