Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PinPal app?

High Roller
    Chats: 0

The My Bowling app seems to do the same thing as PinPal. I couldn't figure out how to enter which pins I left but Matt on here fixed me up there. So not sure I see the difference and My Bowling is free. I already paid for PinPal and am used to it now so will keep using it. If anyone knows of any differences between the 2 let me know. Oh, My Bowling is free too.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I bought Pinpal yesterday. It seems pretty good. I was noodling around with it at home before I went to work. My wife brought my kids up to bowl while I was working last night but DOH! forgot her iPad. The only thing I can't figure out is how to delete a game. I kept adding them by accident for yesterday's date just to play with it too figure out how it works. The other thing I can't figure out is how to use it for multiple people? I'd like to use it for myself too but I don't want my stats to be mixed with his.
    If you want to delete a game just hold and swipe to the left and a delete button will pop up to the right

I just heard back from Jeff Stuart the creator of PinPal. He said it's built for individuals but if two bowlers do want to use it you can use it as separate leagues as was already answered here or use Open Bowling and Tournament. He said it's cumbersome either of those ways but it's not a huge deal for me. I can always input mine later since we are going to be using video all the time. No biggie. Worst comes to worst when I finally spring for an iPhone down the road I can always install a copy on that too.

Next I'm going to start searching for an app I can use once I get my bronze certification that will work for coaches and multiple bowlers. I'm not sure if that exists yet but I don't need it just yet anyway. It will probably cost much more that PinPal for that kind of functionality.

High Roller

How do you delete a game in Pinpal? I was testing 7 pins today and scores were horrible. Trying to delete that game so it doesn't skew my stats but can't figure out how to delete one game?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    How do you delete a game in Pinpal? I was testing 7 pins today and scores were horrible. Trying to delete that game so it doesn't skew my stats but can't figure out how to delete one game?
    Just swipe left on the game or series in the list and the delete button appears.

Last edited by bowl1820; 03-16-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Cheater cheater pumpkin eater! LMAO Gimme a break I have young kids, couldn't resist.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Just swipe left on the game or series in the list and the delete button appears.

Sheeeeeshhhh. Good thing I'm not a rocket scientist...lol. Thanks!

@Phonetek, hey, gotta get my stats up somehow...lol. The first 2 games I didn't register because I was recording it. The next 5 I used PinPal but game 3 I was shooting at 7's and trying different lines for my strike ball so didn't care about my score. Probably shouldn't have saved that game in the first place but didn't think about it. It was a 141 so not horrible but my first ball stats would be bad that game

Chats: 1

I use "My Lane Play" which is available on Google Play. It keeps track of just about every statistic, pocket hits, crossover hits, spare percentages, strike percentage, number of pins on first ball, and your percentage on picking them up. Of course, it's a constant reminder that I need to get my spare game back to where it used to be.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123