Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First day on the job @ the bowling alley

Chats: 256

That is awesome Phonetek. Sounds like a very good center that cares about their equipment and their bowlers. Can't tell you how many houses I have been to that don't clean the pin decks. Impressed yours clean them daily.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Phonetec after reading many of your posts I got curious and looked at your profile. Anyway what will your job title be. Manager, counter, waiter or bar tender, cook? Or will you be Jack of all trades and master of none. If you can get your training from the mechanic that would be really good. It is hard to find good mechanics. Either way good luck and like someone else said be careful and go home the same way you came in.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Phonetec after reading many of your posts I got curious and looked at your profile. Anyway what will your job title be. Manager, counter, waiter or bar tender, cook? Or will you be Jack of all trades and master of none. If you can get your training from the mechanic that would be really good. It is hard to find good mechanics. Either way good luck and like someone else said be careful and go home the same way you came in.
    We have pin chasers/porters (basically the grunts), bartender/counter/food all in one, assist manager, mechanic and boss. They won't make me the grunt but pretty much everything else. However I will be taking over for the main mechanic when he retires. I'll still work the bar too because of the killer tips you make. Last night I did the bar and counter and I didn't expect the tips to be as good as they were. From what they told me, last night was about 1/4 of what I can make on Fri/Sat. No reason to sit behind the lanes waiting for issues if I can put a good chunk of cash in my pocket.

They are well maintained, very few issues come up. I had one pin jam today and that was it. Major work we schedule time to take care of. For instance they replaced all the pits on all but two lanes so we will put time aside to do that on a slow day during the week. They do that every 2-3 years. Other than that it's just keeping everything lubed and swapping belts which we are doing all of them on the distributor arms on Monday. The only other major thing coming up is when the leagues are over they are have 1/8" cut on all the lanes and having them refinished. So when they do that we have to lower all the pinsetters 1/8" to match.

Seriously you work on these machines and there isn't a spec of dust on them things, this mechanic really takes pride in his craft. I intend on following in his footsteps and keeping it that way. That's the reason the guy can take 4 days off without having to come in because he's kept up with them so well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12