Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What’s worse than shooting a 599?

Chats: 2

Shooting 799...worst feeling in the world
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    I wasn’t scoreboard watching, it just happened. Caught a split in the 10th for the 599. However, today, I broke the streak with a 640. My teammate though shot a 699. Lol.
    Ouch on the 699. That's why I always tell people every pin matters. You never know when you leave a split, that it cost you going for it instead of going for 1. I see so many people going for very difficult splits getting none. And then in the 10th frame that 1 pin could be critical. On the other hand, if people never went for them, we wouldn't see some amazing shots.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Ouch on the 699. That's why I always tell people every pin matters. You never know when you leave a split, that it cost you going for it instead of going for 1. I see so many people going for very difficult splits getting none. And then in the 10th frame that 1 pin could be critical. On the other hand, if people never went for them, we wouldn't see some amazing shots.
    Unless it is a real close game I always go for my splits. went for a 4, 6, 7 last week but missed it. still got 2 but we were up pretty good that game so figured what the heck...

Got my first 599 tonight..... 191, 206. needed 203 last game. 184 in the 9th working on a spare. Bury the pocket....10 pin. 202

On the bright side it continues my streak of over average weeks. In the last ten weeks i’ve Been over 9. Started the string at 161, now up to 167 because of it. My average over the 10 week span is 176 and change

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    Shooting 799...worst feeling in the world
    I second this, especially when you miss a 10 pin to shoot 799, I left it shaking :'( .... Needless to say I don't miss 10 pins anymore lol one day I'll get my chance at 800 again!

799? If I was clean for 3 games and shot 799, oh well. I just didn't put enough strikes together, those are the breaks. Im ok with that. If I run by a single pin spare or throw a bad shot, then yeah....Im thinking about that set a long time. When I step on the lanes again, it starts all over though. Its behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Langdoj View Post
    I second this, especially when you miss a 10 pin to shoot 799, I left it shaking :'( .... Needless to say I don't miss 10 pins anymore lol one day I'll get my chance at 800 again!
    My 800 was cost by a drunken idiot running up on the approach and bumped me during my 4th step (I take a 5 step). Pushed the shot wide and left a 7 count (needed 8).
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl

My 800 was cost by a drunken idiot running up on the approach and bumped me during my 4th step (I take a 5 step). Pushed the shot wide and left a 7 count (needed 8).
    That's a bunch of malarkey! There has to be a rule that lets you redo the shot!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Langdoj View Post
    That's a bunch of malarkey! There has to be a rule that lets you redo the shot!
    There is a rule, he could of had it declared a dead ball and reshot it.

Rule 8 – Dead Ball
    When a dead ball is called, the delivery does not count and the correct pins must be respotted. The player is allowed to rebowl that delivery.

A ball shall be declared dead if any of the following occur:

e. A player has physical contact with another person or moving object as the ball is being delivered and before delivery is completed. In such case, the player has the option to accept the resulting pinfall or have a dead ball called.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    There is a rule, he could of had it declared a dead ball and reshot it.

Rule 8 – Dead Ball
    When a dead ball is called, the delivery does not count and the correct pins must be respotted. The player is allowed to rebowl that delivery.

A ball shall be declared dead if any of the following occur:

e. A player has physical contact with another person or moving object as the ball is being delivered and before delivery is completed. In such case, the player has the option to accept the resulting pinfall or have a dead ball called.
    I asked about it and was told no from the league director. This was back in 2009.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast