Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What’s worse than shooting a 599?

Quote Originally Posted by chip82901 View Post
    My 800 was cost by a drunken idiot running up on the approach and bumped me during my 4th step (I take a 5 step). Pushed the shot wide and left a 7 count (needed 8).
    I thought i had a hard time stopping during my approach..... Some dude runs into you and you keep moving? That is some serious commitment to throwing the ball.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    I thought i had a hard time stopping during my approach..... Some dude runs into you and you keep moving? That is some serious commitment to throwing the ball.
    Being a 2-hander, I do have a hard time pulling up from a shot.
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

okay, that is just silly that your director told you wrong. Think about it this way, if making contact with another person was not grounds for a dead ball, when money is on the line you'd see people tackling each other. I'd put my money on the Big Nasty in every PBA showdown. LOL

Worse things can happen. Anytime you miss 600, 700, or 800 it hurts/angers.

I bowled a 791 last year.

Game 1: Front 9, left the 4 pin, then missed it - 267
    Game 2: Front 9, left the 10 pin, then missed it - 267
    Game 3: 3 and then a spare, ended with a 257

If only I could have picked up EITHER of the spares in the first two games... Yes, that was a bad feeling.

Then there was my teammate. I run out the front 8 and my teammate inexplicitly calls the attendant down to clean the approaches. Yeah, it really shouldn't effect me, but a delay is a delay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123